DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
World Record Holder!
12,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday night I went cat fishing and came up on a white ZR1 that I couldn't for the life of me get lined up with. He'd do a ricer flyby but that was about it. I caught a light and instead of waiting for me he sped up to get through the light. :rolleyes: I shouldn't have let him hear the blow off valve.

Well, I decide to head back home and made a U-turn. I set the cruise and am doing about 65 when a car behind me with fog lights looks like he's trying to fight his way through traffic so I slow up to see what it is. I can tell by the head lights that it's a C4. He gets real close on my bumper and pulls out to do a ricer flyby and is out about a car when I drop it into 3rd and hit it. He's pulling pretty good but I pull past him and put a car and a half on him by the top of 3rd (about 100mph or so) and slow down. He does a ricer fly by and I get a glimpse of the rear bumper and it says ZR1. This one was a black one. Very rare to run into two of these things in one night.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
302_plus_a_few said:
635/121 area.
I bet it was him. Was it a younger dude with blonde hair/goatee?

My buddy Travis bought one this year, 1990, black, 23K miles. Has a Borla exhaust and a chip, otherwise stock. I've ridden in it, it pulls damn good.

He's the type to get pissed off when he loses, especially to a Mustang. A ricer fly by sounds about right :D

I'll have to give him a call to confirm, he'll probably say he flew by you after a certain MPH :rolleyes:

·
World Record Holder!
12,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4DRSS said:
I bet it was him. Was it a younger dude with blonde hair/goatee?

My buddy Travis bought one this year, 1990, black, 23K miles. Has a Borla exhaust and a chip, otherwise stock. I've ridden in it, it pulls damn good.

He's the type to get pissed off when he loses, especially to a Mustang. A ricer fly by sounds about right :D

I'll have to give him a call to confirm, he'll probably say he flew by you after a certain MPH :rolleyes:
LOL! Yea, check with him... I'd like to hear his side of the story.
Monsoon X said:
Why you hatin' on me? Must be because your car is slow...

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Didnt the ZR-1's have the LT-5 DOHC motor in them?

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
GENERAL ENGINE INFO

1990-92 = Horse Power 375 hp @ 6,000 rpm , Torque 370 ft lbs @ 4800 rpm

1993-1995 = 405 hp @ 5,800 rpm and
385 ft lbs @ 4800 rpm of torque

Not too bad for 93-95, looks like they make some good power.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
erfan said:
GENERAL ENGINE INFO

1990-92 = Horse Power 375 hp @ 6,000 rpm , Torque 370 ft lbs @ 4800 rpm

1993-1995 = 405 hp @ 5,800 rpm and
385 ft lbs @ 4800 rpm of torque

Not too bad for 93-95, looks like they make some good power.

more power then your auto ls1 :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts