DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If history repeats all the badass high horsepower cars that have been coming out will soon be replaced by gas saving fugly little go-getters. kinda like how the camaro platform just got cancelled....fuck I hope not.

·
Is that a Fobra?
2,427 Posts
Shorty said:
I think it will affect the suv craze before it will affect sports cars.
Yep. I think we will hopefully see the end to the SUV craze. They drink alot more gas then sports cars tend to. And atleast sports cars tend to put the wasted gas to good use by going fast unlike all these empty suv's driving around with one person on the cell phone. :D

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
Labora said:
Yep. I think we will hopefully see the end to the SUV craze. They drink alot more gas then sports cars tend to. And atleast sports cars tend to put the wasted gas to good use by going fast unlike all these empty suv's driving around with one person on the cell phone. :D
hey, i resemble that remark!:mad:

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
hmmmmmmmm My wife has an SUV, I drive a 1 ton and have a mustang as a toy. I'll deal with it.
Besides, my truck has 325hp/600tq and I see almost 19mpg. My old 93 dodge with 160/400 that weighs far less only sees mid to high 15's and the occasional low 16's on the highway. Power + technology = fun efficiency

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slap

yeah but they are gonna slap new cars with a gas guzzler tax again if it happens or strong-arm the manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
I dont think it will effect that much other then gas guzzling suv's.

modern sports cars make power more efficiently and dont use as much gas.

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Shorty said:
I think it will affect the suv craze before it will affect sports cars.

Thats no shit..........Corvetts get close to 30 mpg, so did the Z28's. Not sure what the stangs are rated at.............but it should be in the neighborhood. No way they are going away. Hp and gas milage...........what more could you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts