DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Merry HoHo
32,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you always see the chevy guys ragging on Mustangs(RustStangs,CumStains) what ever they want to call them. but sure do see alot of MuttRacing cars being built.

·
Pink Taco KILLA!
5,175 Posts
SNEAKY said:
you always see the chevy guys ragging on Mustangs(RustStangs,CumStains) what ever they want to call them. but sure do see alot of MuttRacing cars being built.
Ford made a good chassis but the engines were lacking in power. Thats were the Bowties come in handy. Making power :)

Mike

·
Pink Taco KILLA!
5,175 Posts
Monsoon X said:
It's a pretty cool conversion.
Its a clean conversion. Ive seen nice ones and ive seen junky ones. Then you see the average ones that meant for it to be clean but just didnt get er done.

Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
Whatever!

:rolleyes: Well mike you care to run any stock short block, heads and cam, cars against HOS?? lol :D

·
Crash Test Dummy
21,966 Posts
Beenfetchedlately said:
Its a clean conversion. Ive seen nice ones and ive seen junky ones. Then you see the average ones that meant for it to be clean but just didnt get er done.

Mike
Sometimes, not everyone want's to build a race car that has show car quality, I suppose. As long as it works, runs good, and doesn't fall apart, it's good enough for some people.

Personally, if I were to build one, I would just go ahead and get the LS1 powertrain in and running, get the car driveable. Then just start slowly upgrading the suspension and power. If I were to build one I would also have a 4L60E in it and A/C and heat with a radio. hahahahahaha I would want a mid 6 capable car that could be driven to the store and back in the middle of August. :) But that's me. My days of trying to tear up the dragstrip with a single purpose car are over.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah i saw that at the cruise! like the green twin turbo mustang that everyone said was so clean! it looked like Ray Charles installed the cage! and the turbo on 302plusafew's car also. :D

·
Premium Member
8,772 Posts
I like Ford & Chevy both. I always wanted to be different from everyone. John and another guy at the cruise was having a little debate about the Crow. John says I belong in the GM family the other guy say I belong in the Ford family cause of the chassis. It feels good to be wanted :D

·
World Record Holder!
12,383 Posts
turbo106 said:
yeah i saw that at the cruise! like the green twin turbo mustang that everyone said was so clean! it looked like Ray Charles installed the cage! and the turbo on 302plusafew's car also. :D
The turbo came from Majestic turbo in Dallas. I didn't notice anything wrong with it.

·
iHustle
8,769 Posts
Which turbo did you get from Majestic? I made the mistake of gettting the last one there...besides, their prices have been really high lately.

Chris

·
World Record Holder!
12,383 Posts
Cmarsh93z said:
Which turbo did you get from Majestic? I made the mistake of gettting the last one there...besides, their prices have been really high lately.
Same one I've had for the last couple of years. Its just got a tangential turbine on it now. Its a 63-1. Small by most standards but it gets the job done.

·
iHustle
8,769 Posts
302_plus_a_few said:
Same one I've had for the last couple of years. Its just got a tangential turbine on it now. Its a 63-1. Small by most standards but it gets the job done.
Same one I got...I think he sells a bunch of those. There are just MUCH better deals out there now, on better turbos.

C

·
Registered
60 Posts
302_plus_a_few said:
The turbo came from Majestic turbo in Dallas. I didn't notice anything wrong with it.
sorry i was talking about the fabrication of the kit not that actuall turbo, it was the nicest piece. sorry i just get tired of hearing "wow awsome job looks great" when its hacked together and really is not nice at all, like the green coupe with the incon set up on it the car had a very nice paint job on it and the fab work on the cage was terrible but some people on another post are saying it was one on the nicest cars out there! i mean the car next to you was all different colors but the fab work on that car is some of the nicest and it dont run to bad for a stock short block, heads, and cam mustang 6.94 @ 98.8 but its ugly so no one looks at it. its just funny to me thats all! i guess a paint job says it all huh??
craig

·
Premium Member
8,772 Posts
It's the ugly cars that you have to watch out for. :D Your car isn't that bad. It just needs a coat of paint or 3 :D. I'm going to have my car repainted. But that is at the bottom of my list on things to do.

·
World Record Holder!
12,383 Posts
turbo106 said:
sorry i was talking about the fabrication of the kit not that actuall turbo, it was the nicest piece. sorry i just get tired of hearing "wow awsome job looks great" when its hacked together and really is not nice at all, like the green coupe with the incon set up on it the car had a very nice paint job on it and the fab work on the cage was terrible but some people on another post are saying it was one on the nicest cars out there! i mean the car next to you was all different colors but the fab work on that car is some of the nicest and it dont run to bad for a stock short block, heads, and cam mustang 6.94 @ 98.8 but its ugly so no one looks at it. its just funny to me thats all! i guess a paint job says it all huh??
craig
Sorry, I didn't bring my Karnak hat with me today. I've always said I'm a better grinder than I'm a welder. Post some pics of your car would ya?

·
Chassis Service
3,328 Posts
I don't really like the mutt's either. I love anything thats fast and clean, weather it be ford chevy, dodge or a ponticrap, but like to keep the heart from the same manufacture. My father in law is looking for a clean coupe to put a 427 in. I am trying to talk him out of it, but I am getting paid to do the conversion. So i guess money talks. :(

1 - 20 of 49 Posts