DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Foxaholic
7,351 Posts
You know, after a couple of even moderate wheelstands you would think people would figure it out. It sure as hell doesn't help your ET to keep doing it so why push the envelope? It's not like this car hasn't come close to dragging the bumper before. What a waste.

·
Foxaholic
7,351 Posts
Actually, now that I think about it, this might have been a wheelstand competition. I saw one on the Speed channel the other day. Still stupid as hell though. Fun to watch by all means.

·
Back To Normal
6,180 Posts
all things considered he was probably pretty lucky...the most expensive part of that car was most likley the motor and it looks like it did not get damaged at all.

·
dead
14,611 Posts
2001 GT said:
all things considered he was probably pretty lucky...the most expensive part of that car was most likley the motor and it looks like it did not get damaged at all.

i would still guess its not so good for the motor to take such a violent jolt.

i think he would have been ok if his rear wheels werent spinning when it came back down. it would have still trashed the car, but wouldnt have flipped it.

·
The token Asian guy
8,050 Posts
I remember reading a thread before about a guy who just installed a blower. He took his drag radials off and ran it on the track several times on street tires first so he could get a feel of the new power. Smart thinking, in my opinion.

·
IGOSLO
1,377 Posts
damn, i would have bought the wheelie bars long before i got to that point.

·
Still Serving Time
1,665 Posts
i used to do that... on my IHRA dragracing video game

1 - 20 of 26 Posts