DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must have a hundred of those old plastic cased 2.5" floppy discs and need to get rid of them.

Anyone have a good (secure) way to get rid of them? I have old personnel files and other info personal info that doesn't need to be compromised.

Thanks

·
Colorado Dreamin'
13,881 Posts
I have only had a few to dispose of over the years, but i just split them open, pulled out the insides and cut them up. Chucked them in the trash when done. That may be alot of work for you.

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All very good suggestions.

I guess I'll just put them in a gallon ziploc bag and take them to the river next time I go. I'll throw them in the "faaaaarrrrr" and watch them melt like the guys from "Indiana Jones and the Lost Crusades"...

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Microwave them.

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
i like the skeet shooting idea. Sounds like fun, lol.

Make sure you pull all the good data off them that you can, you might find some old gems like old pictures and whatnot on em. Of course finding a modern computer with a 2.5 floppy drive might take some work, lol.

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
i like the skeet shooting idea. Sounds like fun, lol.

Make sure you pull all the good data off them that you can, you might find some old gems like old pictures and whatnot on em. Of course finding a modern computer with a 2.5 floppy drive might take some work, lol.
Hey, it's like a classic car, if you take it out, it is not stock anymore.

·
Rolling the one fiddy.
1,633 Posts
I had a bunch of them, i stacked them in a row down our alley, and stomped on the gas in the truck. made for a cool video, one of them actually flew a good 50 yards, the tires were spinning at 50ish mph. lol

We found pieces of them everywhere.
Stupid idea, fun at the time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts