DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
i know someone that just took a very large peice of texas holey rock out of his sw tank. it has some growth on it like purple and green coraline with some alge. probably weighs about 15 lbs or more. let me know if your interested and i will ask him if he will let it go.

·
Fear the lawn gnome
4,535 Posts
i just wish i could find a good deal on a tank and a stand :( so i can start my 55 gal salt. some of the coolest lr ive seen is from tapma bay saltwater. but its pricey.

·
I drive a fookin Honda
5,585 Posts
Try Cody at www.cleburnemarine.com

I got my Walt Smith Fiji LR from him for $3.00/lb. You cannot find a better deal than that and it was NOT base rock. Very nice w/lots of life and coraline algae growth.

Just my $0.02 on TBS rock. You are buying VERY heavy rock. You do not get very much when compared to more porous rock like Fiji, Kaelini, etc. Not to mention all the mantis shrimp and gorilla crabs that come w/it. I do realize it comes w/lots of life tho. I have seen so many tanks w/this rock and many of them look empty as people will buy the normal 1.5 lbs/gallon ratio and the rock doesn't fill the tank. If you really want TBS rock, i'd get a mixture of different kinds of rock and not just TBS by itself or you are gonna break the bank filling your tank.

Of course my point of view is that of a reef tank that needs lots of places to put corals. If your goal is a FOWLR, then all bets are off.

·
I drive a fookin Honda
5,585 Posts
sleeperLS said:
i just wish i could find a good deal on a tank and a stand :( so i can start my 55 gal salt. some of the coolest lr ive seen is from tapma bay saltwater. but its pricey.
How much are you looking to spend? There are periodically people selling complete setups on DFWMAS or just bare tanks.
http://www.dfwmas.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?

Here is one for sale (very good deal) http://www.dfwmas.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=8;t=1962

If you want new, check out www.aquariummart.com
Not much on their site but go check them out in person. Don generally has very good prices on tanks. I bought my 100 gallon RR tank from him last year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts