DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Pogue Mahone!!!!!!
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a mark 8, preferably a LSC model. Will trade the Saturn for it (plus cash, if in good shape).

·
Pogue Mahone!!!!!!
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
351 in the works
956 Posts
my brother and laws mom has one for sell for like 800 she got an new car but it needs an head gasket for 300 plus gaskets I will change them

·
English Master
2,136 Posts
not much diff. from a regular and lsc mark8. lsc just has dual exhuast, get a 96 w/ hid healights, or a 97 -98, in the sports car autotrader there is a guy named kevin that his selling his 96 mark 8 for 6000$ has cobra r, with the mustang cobra hub swap, exhuast and other little thing,his # is 972-296-9671, i sell you mines, i have one year left to pay it off, joking, im keeping it, on thing get a maintence record on it, if you buy one, alot of thing go bad on these cars, that you dont wanna fix, little the air suspension

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
LINCOLN BOY said:
not much diff. from a regular and lsc mark8. lsc just has dual exhuast, get a 96 w/ hid healights, or a 97 -98, in the sports car autotrader there is a guy named kevin that his selling his 96 mark 8 for 6000$ has cobra r, with the mustang cobra hub swap, exhuast and other little thing,his # is 972-296-9671, i sell you mines, i have one year left to pay it off, joking, im keeping it, on thing get a maintence record on it, if you buy one, alot of thing go bad on these cars, that you dont wanna fix, little the air suspension
I almost bought that Mark VIII but I found my 97. The guy sounded pretty honest about the '96 for sale. If I didn't like mine so much I would sell it for the right price. Be aware about the air ride suspension condition when you buy one. It could be very costly to fix. Also there are some cool things about these cars. If you get one pm me and I will give you info I've already found.

·
English Master
2,136 Posts
What info have you found, soon i will be going to a aftermarket airbag susp. and you can also get a kit that converts to springs, what you got done to the car so far

·
English Master
2,136 Posts
i understand the 2 peice ds and stop hoggin this guys thread, hogger. :)
dennisr. is the man to go too THE MATRIX D.S. COST 500-600 BUCKS i had a friends that had a 95 tbird w/ the stock d.s and would go over 140 when he had the 4.6 and even when he had a 302 carbd motor too the smoothest car i had ever been in, going that fast on a stock d.s.:eek:

·
Registered
446 Posts
ok

before you buy a mark do your homework on what the weak points of each year was. and try checking out the websites of markviii.org, tccoa, strutmasters, lms.com, and all other info you can get there are differences in the year models and being in texas you should be able to find a good selection

pm me if you need any other info

·
Pogue Mahone!!!!!!
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what else goes wrong with these cars besides the bags?

·
FTH!
4,001 Posts
Rear shock mounts, front suspension parts, tranny, door handles break easily, oil cooler will leak with no signs of problems before hand, thats all I've seen with my 93.. I say check out the car good and then pull off the air bags and install the T-Bird spring/strut assembly..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts