DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what the title says, if anyone still has old equiptment around from when they might have switched to Direct or bought a new HD set please let me know.

I know this is a long shot but worth a try before I move on to the retail sector.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
I have a Sony HD-100 with remote I would sell for $150. Will post up pics if you are interested

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Great

yeah if you have some actual pictures of it and also list all the stuff it comes with I would appreciate it.

I assume I might have to go buy the component cables for it?

Edit: Sorry I have Dish Network, this reciever appears to be a Direct TV reciever.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Yes, this is DirecTV unit. I misunderstood your request, sorry for that.

But FWIW - this unit will receive local HD programming with a decent UHF antenna. All the local channels are broadcasting in HD now and all you have to have is a receiver and compatible TV.

Specs and manual for the HD100 is here:

http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/Sony/Sony_HD100.PDF

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dish Network/HD Equipment

Just a suggestion... I've got Dish Network and in December picked up the Dish 921 PVR. It combines the HD receiver with a HUGE hard drive for PVR (like TIVO). The unit was $999.00 in December, but you can get it from Dish now for around $499, maybe less.

Don't know what your budget is like, but for Dish Network, I think this is the best unit you'll find.

I'm not a salesman, don't have an "extra" one, and not trying to make anything. Just wanted to pass on the experience.

Good luck with it!

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Yeah I called them about that unit the 921, they want me to buy it, I dont have $500 they want, and wouldnt even discount if I committed to another year of service. I will just find one on Ebay, they are going in the $300 range on there for the 921, shouldnt be another 6mos and they will be $200 then I might buy one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts