DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· gettin sideways
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have seen a car in town with this on the back and one at the track. do they actually make a WS7 and if they do whats the difference between them and a regular Ram Air or a WS6?
when i saw the first one i thought the guy just made some stickers but i saw another one and was just curious if they make them

· Rollin', in my 5.0
3,615 Posts
WS6 is the factory code for Ram Air. The factory Ram Air doesn't utilize the hood scoops, it draws air from the bottom of the vehicle through a slot and into the intake. The WS6 car has been modified so that the hood scoops ARE functionable, thus F-body enthusiasts have deemed this mod a WS7. This improves over the stock setup, allowing more air to flow into the intake, thus increasing horsepower.

-Keith

· The Decent Guy
7,984 Posts
Wicked SVO said:
WS6 is the factory code for Ram Air. The factory Ram Air doesn't utilize the hood scoops, it draws air from the bottom of the vehicle through a slot and into the intake. The WS6 car has been modified so that the hood scoops ARE functionable, thus F-body enthusiasts have deemed this mod a WS7. This improves over the stock setup, allowing more air to flow into the intake, thus increasing horsepower.

-Keith
Look who is alive and well:eek:

you at work?

· The Decent Guy
7,984 Posts
Wicked SVO said:
Alive? Yes, at work....as usual, Well? Hell no, trying to get my shit together. Where the hell have you been? How's the Hatch coming?

-keith
I have been working also, been pulling 10 and 12 hour days. I drove mysty tonight, be it to the car wash. I have to get a new battery for her and get one new front tire I hope to have enough cash left over to do that after this week if not then next pay check for sure.

· Rollin', in my 5.0
3,615 Posts
Cartman said:
I have been working also, been pulling 10 and 12 hour days. I drove mysty tonight, be it to the car wash. I have to get a new battery for her and get one new front tire I hope to have enough cash left over to do that after this week if not then next pay check for sure.
Good deal. I have yet to see that car run after the new mods. :)

Getting some ghost flames on my Coupe soon, right after X-mas.

-K

· The Decent Guy
7,984 Posts
Wicked SVO said:
Good deal. I have yet to see that car run after the new mods. :)

Getting some ghost flames on my Coupe soon, right after X-mas.

-K
What coupe???

and why you trying to be like me and shit?

LMAO

· Rollin', in my 5.0
3,615 Posts
Cartman said:
What coupe???

and why you trying to be like me and shit?

LMAO
Picked up a Coupe for a daily daily, instead of always driving the Lightning...lol

Came with alot of goodies, so I'm slapping an ol' S-trim, that I had laying around ;) on it and 88chris is gonna do a tribal ghost flame job on it for me. We'll see how it turns out.

Like you?! You had REGULAR flames not Ghost fool :D

-k

· The Decent Guy
7,984 Posts
Wicked SVO said:
Picked up a Coupe for a daily daily, instead of always driving the Lightning...lol

Came with alot of goodies, so I'm slapping an ol' S-trim, that I had laying around ;) on it and 88chris is gonna do a tribal ghost flame job on it for me. We'll see how it turns out.

Like you?! You had REGULAR flames not Ghost fool :D

-k
well it was close to ghost flames, people always had to look 3 or 4 times to see the flames.

that is cool you will have to shoot me a pm with the info on the coupe.

· Hustlin'
8,175 Posts
Wicked SVO said:

-Keith
How is the factory lower airbox on a WS6 (w/ hood like what's in my sig) not functional? It has a big rectangular gaping inlet for air to come straight in from the front...Just curious trying to learn as much as possible about my new wheels.

I'm TRYING to decide what to do for my intake solution. My t/a is stock now and I'm thinking about going w/ a LID, WS6 ram air lower airbox (to mate w/ my functional hood), foam seal between the lower airbox and the hood....does this make since??

· Boost is Life
4,339 Posts
blacksn95 said:
Might need to pick me up one of these badges after I get WS7'd ;)
Whoops! I stumbled across a little plagiarism. Search google for WS7 and the first page that comes up seems to have word for word what Keith said. ;) http://www.geocities.com/shanonw76/ I should be a college professor. heh

I'm assuming <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/shanonw76/EngineClose.JPG">this</A> is the WS7 mod. Geocities won't let me show the img. :(

· Viperrrin it'
3,692 Posts
The SevanSeries Trans Ams are dealer customs assembled by Evans Pontiac. I was told that there are only around 30 Sevan Series Trans Ams to date. The "Sevan Series" name is a tribute to "Steve Evans," the owner of Evans Pontiac. Other than the Mecham TA, this is probably one of the most powerful Trans Ams available from a dealer lot that isn't a trade. Sevan Series cars dyno at approximately 360 Horses on the motor, which is 15 more than a stock Corvette C5.

OPTIONS INSTALLED BY DEALER:
THE Sevan Series PACKAGE:
17' x 9.5' Enkei ProSport Wheels (Chrome)
P275/40ZR17 TOYO V1 Speed Rated Tires
Borla Catback Exhaust System
Ram Air Hood
Ram Air functional air intake
Eibach Pro Springs
K&N Filter Charger
Gorilla Locking Lug Nut System

There is no WS7 mod...

And all WS6's draw air from the hood. It comes in and down under the air box in to the lid. Dont worry about the WS6 air box just get you a lid and maybe one of these:

This SLP under hood cold air kit fits any 1998-2002 Camaro and Firebird. Designed to pick up cold, fresh air from the high-pressure air stream in front of the radiator, SLP's cold air kit will give you up to 15 additional horsepower. Constructed from 304 stainless steel, SLP's cold air kit fits any 3800 V6 or LS1 V8 equipped Camaro and Firebird. Designed for ease of installation as well as increased engine performance, SLP also offers an optional high-flow filter to complete the package. The package includes all necessary hardware and detailed installation instructions.

· Hustlin'
8,175 Posts
Re: This is what a WS7 is...

pattymelt1285 said:
The SevanSeries Trans Ams are dealer customs assembled by Evans Pontiac. I was told that there are only around 30 Sevan Series Trans Ams to date. The "Sevan Series" name is a tribute to "Steve Evans," the owner of Evans Pontiac. Other than the Mecham TA, this is probably one of the most powerful Trans Ams available from a dealer lot that isn't a trade. Sevan Series cars dyno at approximately 360 Horses on the motor, which is 15 more than a stock Corvette C5.

OPTIONS INSTALLED BY DEALER:
THE Sevan Series PACKAGE:
17' x 9.5' Enkei ProSport Wheels (Chrome)
P275/40ZR17 TOYO V1 Speed Rated Tires
Borla Catback Exhaust System
Ram Air Hood
Ram Air functional air intake
Eibach Pro Springs
K&N Filter Charger
Gorilla Locking Lug Nut System

http://www.geocities.com/transamsevanseries/images/tadrvrside.jpg

And all WS's draw air from the hood. It comes in and down under the air box in to the lid. Dont worry about the WS6 air box just get you a lid and maybe one of these:

This SLP under hood cold air kit fits any 1998-2002 Camaro and Firebird. Designed to pick up cold, fresh air from the high-pressure air stream in front of the radiator, SLP's cold air kit will give you up to 15 additional horsepower. Constructed from 304 stainless steel, SLP's cold air kit fits any 3800 V6 or LS1 V8 equipped Camaro and Firebird. Designed for ease of installation as well as increased engine performance, SLP also offers an optional high-flow filter to complete the package. The package includes all necessary hardware and detailed installation instructions.
Very very useful, thanks!

· Hustlin'
8,175 Posts
So does no one think there would be benefit from having FRONTAL ram air via the massive opening in the hood PLUS down from underneath w/ a FTRA or SLP unit like you posted....

I would think both would be ideal...more air is better ;)

· Hustlin'
8,175 Posts
Well your right about that, tiny lil slit there though as compared to the bohemouth ws6 lower airbox opening. I checked out a 02 ws6 at vista ridge pontiac while picking some parts up and its quite larger than the lil inlet on my airbox. You could see the entire bottom of the airfilter (or what appeard to be, maybe a screen there). I'm trying to find some comparo shots

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.