DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandparents just sent me this and I thought I would share it with you all!!

Would you run?

Imagine this happening to you. *
One Sunday morning during service,
a 2,000 member congregation was
surprised to see two men enter,
both covered from head to toe in black
and carrying submachine guns.
One of the men proclaimed,"Anyone
willing to take a bullet for Christ
remain where you are."

Immediately, the choir fled, the deacons
fled,
and most of the congregation fled.
Out of the 2,000 there only remained
around 20.

The man who had spoken took off his
hood,
looked at the preacher and said
"Okay Pastor, I got rid of all
the hypocrites. Now you may begin
your service. Have a nice day!"
And the two men turned and walked out.

Too deep not to pass on...

Funny how simple it is for people to
trash God ... and then wonder why the
world is in the condition it is today..

Funny how we believe what the
newspapers say, but question
what the Bible says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to
heaven provided they do not have to
believe,
think, say, or do anything the Bible
says.

Funny or is it scary?

Funny how someone can say
"I believe in God" but still follow Satan
(who, by the way, also "believes"in God).

Funny how you can send a thousand
'jokes'
through e-mail and they spread like
wildfire,
but when you start sending messages
regarding the Lord, people think twice
about sharing.

Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and
obscene pass freely through cyber
space,
but the public discussion of Jesus is
suppressed in the school and work place.

Funny, isn't it? Funny how someone can
be so fired up for Christ on Sunday,
but be an invisible Christian
the rest of the week.

Are you laughing?

Funny how when you go to forward
this
message, you will not send it to many on
your address list because you're not
sure
what they believe, or what they will
think of you for sending it to them.

Funny how I can be more worried about
what other people think of me than what

God thinks of me.

Are you thinking?
Will you share this with people you care
about?
Or not?

· ¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
I bet that stupid bitch would've got up and ran too.

· Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dang i guess i fiqured to get a different response from that, I guess im a little nieve* Personally i would most definatly take a bullet for God, umm lemme think about it, ya if I rememer right he took a crap load more than a bullet for all of us. Anyone else here stay in their seats? And AbecX i sure hope your not talkin about my grandma.

· Out
36,504 Posts
Well, thankfully we don't have to "Take a bullet for God" since Christ died for us. So if that situation come up, RUN!!! If you stay, it would be like saying that Jesus died on the cross for no reason. God would not want us to do that. I'm sure he'd be flattered at the gesture of your boldness, though.

· The Fastest of the Fast
8,014 Posts
Dude, if I put a .50 cal in your face you will start crying for your life.....dont care who you are. I know you watched a Van Damme movie lastnight, so you are in tough mode, but believe me, situational heroism is not your game. Let me tell you something.....

Its funny how church members criticize....

Funny how they go to church, therefore are free to tell lies

Funny how someone who thinks they are righteous

Can write a post just to spite us

This guy should study his point of interest

Then maybe from right and wrong, he could tell the difference.....

Nickalations 13:1

I go to church sometimes, but I dont beleive you need organized religion to be a good person or believe in god....however, Ive been discussing with someone how Jesus declared us to go to worship in the book. People leaving a church with guns in their face is not an act of hypocrisy. Fear is just one of the many things that make us human.....

· Premium Member
18,372 Posts
I'd probably run like hell. But damn Abec- a little tough on her, aren't you? "Stupid bitch..." isn't necessary. I don't know her (and you don't either), but after some of the gutter scum you've posted, I think you're a little harsh.

· My Boy!
2,938 Posts
Fox466 said:
Hmmm...Hard to say if I would stay planted. I believe, but I also like being alive....

Good post. I think I will rc/copy/paste....

I would probably be one of the ones that got up and hauled ass , but went out to the car and came back with the 357.

Isn't it better to serve the lord alive then dead? No where in the bible does it say "Take a bullet int he name of God because a crazy idiot says to".

· Gone but never forgotten
17,192 Posts
89BlueCoupe said:
dang i guess i fiqured to get a different response from that, I guess im a little nieve* Personally i would most definatly take a bullet for God, umm lemme think about it, ya if I rememer right he took a crap load more than a bullet for all of us. Anyone else here stay in their seats? And AbecX i sure hope your not talkin about my grandma.
I would take a bullet for God too. The difference is... when faith testing presents itself, that's when I'll be willing to sit there and take whatever may happen. example: In a tornado...will you run your ass off to try and find shelter...or are you just going to stand in the middle of a field and say God will protect me.

True, God wants us all to follow his word, and live for him, but nowhere in the BIBLE does it say to act like a dumbass who thinks their invincible. God is there for us, but he's not our body gaurd 24/7...that's where the lessons on accountability and common sense come into play. Our faith is challenged daily. Our lives could end at any moment. I prove myself to God. I don't need to prove it to some psychotic freak w/a fucking gun! My faith is between God and myself, and as long as I know I'm good w/him, I don't care what anybody else thinks!

...Just a thought

· Worship me
34,275 Posts
I'd be stuffing a submachine gun up someone's ass is what I would be doing.

· Registered
773 Posts
Agreed.
Sorry but none of the martyrs have ever "WANTED" to take a bullet or spear or axe or fire or whatever it was that happened to kill 'em. They didn't wake up one day and think "hrm...today would be a great day to die !" There is a big difference between being a martyr and being a dumbass.....

Todd said:
I would probably be one of the ones that got up and hauled ass , but went out to the car and came back with the 357.

Isn't it better to serve the lord alive then dead? No where in the bible does it say "Take a bullet int he name of God because a crazy idiot says to".

· Worship me
34,275 Posts
Wouldn't the act of senselessy sacrificing yourself exclude you from martyrdom? In my opinion it would....

· 98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
Denny said:
Well, thankfully we don't have to "Take a bullet for God" since Christ died for us. So if that situation come up, RUN!!! If you stay, it would be like saying that Jesus died on the cross for no reason. God would not want us to do that. I'm sure he'd be flattered at the gesture of your boldness, though.
Your wrong Denny, I would be more then willing to die for what I believe. It has nothing to do with whether Jesus died for a reason or not. Just like the post said, all the hypocrites ran.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Now that being said, being a former Marine, ater sitting there, stealth mode will kick in and and if someone is going to take me out, they are going with me.

· 98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
AL P said:
I'd be stuffing a submachine gun up someone's ass is what I would be doing.
Do you always carry a machine gun to church? :confused:

· Worship me
34,275 Posts
MoonDog said:
Your wrong Denny
How do you know?

I been trying to stop taking my submachinegun to church....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.