DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
-----------------------
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always heard conflicting information about aftermarket "performance" chips. Anyone pick up any noticeable gains? Would I benefit form having one?

·
Vikings are next!
8,501 Posts
Chips do more than give you HP!....If you want HP from a chip you wont find it there...I removed the top speed limiter, higher RPM redline and someother BS!:), but I did notice that my car felt stronger!

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
91rednotch said:
I have an A-trim that pushes 6lbs
well with a blower, there is definatly some tunning that can help. Adjusted timing and fuel maps can pull alot of power out of it.

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
I like diablo, they have got it going on!
I noticed a jump in trq with it and I just had mufflers at the time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've got a 01L,w/ a superchip flip chip. I noticed a night and day diff. w/ the chip versus w/out. I think you would really benefit because of the parameters that can be manipulated to bring that mutha to life :eek:!!!

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
Diablo blows. I had one that was burned for my combo and it cost me HP but did gain some low end torque because it was running so rich.....

chips can help a bunch for auto trannies by manipulating shifts and hydraullic pressures.

As far as tuning goes, if you want the full "custom" tune, get a tweecer and a laptop, then go learn how to tune by reading, listening to others and doing it yourself. I am still learning and I hope I am headed in the right direction. If I could ever get on a dyno, i would know.

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
Thats the only thing I have against Diablo is that my car runs overly rich. you can have it leaned out though. with your set up you'll want a custom dyno tune for it. And that should set the a/f ratio up right

·
Registered
168 Posts
spintechstang said:
Thats the only thing I have against Diablo is that my car runs overly rich. you can have it leaned out though. with your set up you'll want a custom dyno tune for it. And that should set the a/f ratio up right
:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts