DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking....why are there no fast food joints that have a good amount of healthy food on the menu? And I'm not talking about rice cakes and tofu. Why not offer food that's baked instead of fried? How about a nice salad bar? And nutitional info about everything you serve easily accessible without having to ask the cashier, the cashier asking the manager, the manager calling the 1-800 number, ect, ect. How about 100% juice drinks and fruit smoothies instead of 8 different sodas? You get the idea...I know this would mean slightley higher menu prices but people that care about thier health would pay it.

·
Opulance. I has it.
13,034 Posts
You have Souper Salad, if you can consider that healthy! Jamba Juice, Smoothie King, Who would have thunk it

·
Blue5spd's a titty baby
13,472 Posts
That concept would do better in the rich/yuppie part of town. I'd be all for it myself.

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
Yes it would!!!!! I don't eat at fast food places because they rarely have stuff that's not deep fried. :rolleyes:

I'd definitely eat there.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
subway is already doing pretty good.

R

·
0 Posts
I hate fast food and would love a fast food place that was actually healthy. One problem I see is time on food prep. I mean Smoothie King and Subway are a little slow if you ask me...

·
Premium Member
14,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Undertaker said:
Maybe you should open something like that up. I would eat there.
I was considering it but it would be a big risk. And Subway has a very limited menu. Healthy sammiches would be just one part of my menu. Baked chicken, baked fries, all kinds of low fat baked goodies.

·
Opulance. I has it.
13,034 Posts
Buick355 said:
I was considering it but it would be a big risk. And Subway has a very limited menu. Healthy sammiches would be just one part of my menu. Baked chicken, baked fries, all kinds of low fat baked goodies.
You should get a job at Subway so you can get all your products at lower prices!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
They are everywhere in California. Unfortunately, The majority of Texans don't care about healthy living.

R

·
0 Posts
Undertaker said:
Subway is healthy in way I guess, but along with a sandwich you eat chocolate chip cookies, chips and a coke, so in a way it seems to defeat the purpose.

I think its a great idea. And if you do open it up, maybe all the board members should get a discount. :D

Get water, pass on the cookie, and if you want chips at least get the baked ones. :rolleyes:

·
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
20,572 Posts
RedLilPony said:
One problem I see is time on food prep. I mean Smoothie King and Subway are a little slow if you ask me...
You drive a 4.6 and have the nerve to call subway slow? LOL!!!

I can be in and out of subway in 3 minutes, with a customized sandwich, filling my own drink up, and even stopping to take a piss.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts