DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· #1 Howard Stern fan
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill be the first to admit even when Im at work, I really dont do much. I play on the internet alot (as you can tell by my post count) and play alot of sollitare and go home early quite a bit also. So I really have no room for complaint when this once a year weekend comes up, but it still sucks. I have worked more in the last two days (real work) than I have in the past three weeks. I came in yesterdy morning at 6:00 and went home last night at 6:30, didnt get a lunch all day. Im back here at 6:00 this morning and wont go home till about 6:00 tonight. Being a manager has its ups and downs...:)
I would much rather be at the speedtek Dyno day hanging out and eating Pizza.

· Registered
4,262 Posts
Sorry to hear that guys, Im off Saturday and Sunday and Im headed to the Speedtek dyno day at 9:cool:

· Registered
4,262 Posts
GARS02GSTA said:
Bastard !!
:mad:
Im hoping to get out of here by 3, tell them to wait for me...:)
LOL! I'll tell them that you are coming and to save a spot for you:p, im anxious to see what im putting down after my headers and lid and true duals:cool: Ill see you there since ill be there all day.

· Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
sassystang said:
Ya it must suck to work on the weekend!:p
Hush girl, didn't you have to work Christmas?

I don't mind working Saturday's because that's overtime for me :D As far as 12 hour days, try doing 14 hour days for a couple of weeks or so. I have :( But the money is good so I don't complain. Plus going back to work an 8 day doesn't seem like much because it feels like a shorter day after working 14 straight hours for a while.

· Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
People work on weekends?:confused:

j/k:p I know what ya mean as I have had to work a couple weekends before. Although when I did have to work it wasn't a certain time frame or anything I had to be there so I could go just about any time I wanted to and get my stuff done.

· #1 Howard Stern fan
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
evil jose said:
Hush girl, didn't you have to work Christmas?

I don't mind working Saturday's because that's overtime for me :D As far as 12 hour days, try doing 14 hour days for a couple of weeks or so. I have :( But the money is good so I don't complain. Plus going back to work an 8 day doesn't seem like much because it feels like a shorter day after working 14 straight hours for a while.
I worked for Pepsi for 5 years. I have seen days where I went home slept for 4 hours and went back to work. Ask anyone who has ever worked for a cola company in the middle of the summer. Thats some hard ass work. But I never worked a weekend.
When I started looking for a new Job I told myself I would not work the overtime anymore, now I make about the same money and work about 32-40 hrs a week. No weekends. This is the first weekend I have worked here in the 1-1/2 years ive been here, Im not complaining just letting the people who do it normally (Like Jules) know that Im sorry they have to do it. It really does suck.....lol. :D

· Registered
1,842 Posts
GARS02GSTA said:
This is the first weekend I have worked here in the 1-1/2 years ive been here, Im not complaining just letting the people who do it normally (Like Jules) know that Im sorry they have to do it. It really does suck.....lol. :D
Thanks for thinking of us Saturday workers. :D

Hopefully, since it is nice weather, customers will come out to the showroom and livin up our day. I don't have to be here all day. Just 10-3.

· Token Union Member
2,915 Posts
I love working saturdays lol. But then again I only work from 11:30 to 12:30 and they pay me $80 so its not that bad.;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.