DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, I'm new to this forum, usually hang out in the Hot Rod Lincolns forum. So Hello to all...

Now for my need...

Does anyone out here have a wiring schematic for the 82 Mustang GT. I'm looking for drawings of the ignition system, from the key, back to the solenoid on the fenderwell...

I suspect that I have a dead rely somewhere or a breach in the wire. When you turn the switch on, you get nothing, no click, nothing... You can jump across the terminals on the solenoid and turn the engine, so I know it's not the battery...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Glen

·
Chassis Service
3,236 Posts
Try the iginition switch under the steering column. Also out buy the solenoid, the wires leading to hot side have resistor type fuses in line on the wire. One of these could be blown.
If it is a 5-spd car, the switch on the cluch petal could have gone out. You can just disconnect it and jumper across it to test it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fog,

Where exactly is the clutch switch located and how many wires are running to it? This was a 4 speed car converted to a 5 speed.

Thanks again,

Glen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.