DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 GT that is bone stock except for o/r h pipe and flowmaster cat back. The car leans to the driver side and is really apparent when you look at it from the back. Is this a suspension problem or is the frame twisted? Is there a common problem that causes this, or do I just need to buy a 4 cyl and use my GT for a parts car?

Thanks

Chris

·
Banned
20,196 Posts
Mine does that too. I always figured that it was because the drivers side springs and suspension is usually under more weight then the passenger side and over a decade of time it would show. Then I had my alignment done and they said my sub-frames needed to be adjusted. I didn't get it done b/c it was gonna cost more then I had at the time. So maybe that's it?

I notice a lot of cars lean a little one way or the other though.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Mine does that also, but I was told that one of my springs wasn't clocked correctly and isn't seated in the pocket just right :eek:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have replaced the rear springs already and have replaced the shocks also. I'm about to replace the front struts and the rear shocks again and hopefully this will solve the problem. It's really annoying though that I stand behind my car and It's really noticeable that it leans. When I measure it the driver side sits about an inch lower than the passenger side. If anybody else has any suggestions please let me know.

Chris

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
STRONGNUFF said:
Sounds like your driver's side "front" spring is weak. Just replace the front springs.
that sounds cool. I'll go ahead and do that, hopefully that will solve the problem. thanks

Chris

·
Registered
846 Posts
Shocks and struts will not correct the problem because they do not support the car.They only dampen and provide stability.I would replace the front springs as suggested.

·
I'm callin you out!
14,447 Posts
So what if you take a hard hit on the front like a hug pot hole and it makes you catch air. Would that cause a spring to be weakened and then cause the car to lean?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts