DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is why you stick with Ford:

"Reliable" car dealership sold us this car, the owner before obviously didn't think to oil it ONCE. No wonder it pings and leaks oil out of a blown head gasket...

Boom bitch sometime soon.

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
boom bitch must have been so bad they couldnt show the pic

·
I'm # 209
3,562 Posts
That's why you should have a used car checked out before you buy it. It would avoid situations like this.We have saved our customers many times when buying used cars.

Oh and....:p

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bout the dealership...yes well you would think a company whose name includes "Reliable" would at least act that way. I know all about being screwed and I wasn't their when my brother got this car.

Anyways we're hoping to find something on them to get this fixed for us.

·
I'm # 209
3,562 Posts
Yikes!:eek: Doesn't look good. Those Gm 3.1/3.4 motors Usually hold up good.Manifold gasket leaking is not uncommon either on those. I've done plenty

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you give me an estimate of damage done from here? We are taking off the rocker arms/push rods etc and checking them. Clogged oil in everything...but so far this engine has survived some nasty problems intact. Such as no oil...

Anyways what do you think would be affected?

·
I'm # 209
3,562 Posts
Hard to say for sure by the pic.Your best bet would be to plug off all the ports Use a shop vac with the air filter out due to chunks in there. Just scrap and suck it up. Make note on the pushrods as well. The lenghts are diff. between the intake and exhaust pushrods. U might want to take the pan off to see what's in there. How was the oil pressure before hand? It's a shame the way cars are neglected like that.Oil is the lifeline of a motor. It could have been due to cheap oil/lack of changing.

·
Premium Member
14,152 Posts
Damn thats a shame, bet the lower end isn't in good shape either, better off getting a new/used motor.

·
Beer Swillin' *******
1,371 Posts
Get a 3.1/3.4 from the boneyard, they are not uncommon and one from there will most likely be better than what you got.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
that sucks! Reliable Chev. sucks anyway. I would start saving for a rebuild or price long blocks. That engine may last for a while if you fix it but that still really bites.

·
Horsepower Extractor
4,738 Posts
Who lubed that engine with Hershey bars?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts