DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do do you guys think the Cowboys should draft? I am thinking Derick Johnson, and Antrell Rolle

·
BOOSTED32V Jr.
12,385 Posts
If they can get Pac-Man then I'd go with him, but he's probably gonna go earlier than #11 so I'd say Antrell Rolle for a DB. Derrick Johnson would be a good pickup too but again, I don't think he's gonna be around long enough for the 'Boys to pick him.

·
-----------------------
1,417 Posts
If you look at the drafts the past few years the boys have taken Roy Williams and Terrance Newman in the 1st Rounds and paid big bucks to those guys. Both obviously play in the secondary. I do not think another 1st Rd DB is the solution. You need to bring in a veteran guy with experience to mentor our already young and talented DB's. Get a frickin decent pass rush to take the heat off of the youngsters.

Other than Witten, the offense looks like crap. Julius Jones is not the answer yet. What has he proved? Only that he has already shown he is prone to injury. Is he good, sure; sold on him, no. There are no leaders on offense. Draft one.

I'm sure that Jones will find a way to draft someone from Eastern Valadosa State like he usually does every year.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i think Julius Jones is gonna be great, Drew Bledsoe is another waste of money on an old stationary QB, Drew Henson hasent shown any sign that he is the QB of the future, our line backers are crap Dat Ngyen is good, Coakley is old and Singleton is terrible, But I still think that we need one more good Corner and Antrell Rolle is the safest option

·
Pushed to the limit
4,510 Posts
bam66 said:
i think Julius Jones is gonna be great, Drew Bledsoe is another waste of money on an old stationary QB, Drew Henson hasent shown any sign that he is the QB of the future, our line backers are crap Dat Ngyen is good, Coakley is old and Singleton is terrible, But I still think that we need one more good Corner and Antrell Rolle is the safest option
I dont even know if Coakley is still a Cowboy...

·
Sports weenie @ full attn
5,638 Posts
Coakley is gone. Don't forget we signed a good CB in free agency. We need help at WR, DE, LB, and FS.

·
I wanna be just like evil jose
776 Posts
11. Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas if not available then (Shawne Merriman, DE, Maryland)

20. Brodney Pool, S Oklahoma if not available then (Brandon Browner, S, Oregon St.)

42. Roddy White, WR UAB if not available then (Jerome Mathis, WR, Hampton)

·
Registered
744 Posts
like the picks min i can actually see them taking in that order.. Yea coakley signed a 5 yr deal with the rams the day after being cut.cowboys were gonna cut him let him clear waivers and resign him 4 less but backfired on them.Coakley was a great inside player it was when he was one on one on the outside didnt have the speed to keep up

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
i would really like braylon edwards, but i think he will go in the top 3, i think dallas will get DJ to replace coakley!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts