DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have uncoated polished aluminum Mickey Thompson wheels on my truck. I polish them using wading from Mothers and even the paste polish. The finish turns out great but 2 weeks later I get terrible spots on the wheels from water and whatever. It actually tarnished the wheel to some point. Is there any kind of whipe on sealers out there? I have heard people talk about some but cannot think of who made it.

·
heavy weight
267 Posts
after you clean them put a good coat of wax on them it helps for a couple months but use good wax
ken

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried several kinds of wax after I polish them but the darn things still do it. There must be a lot of minerals in the water around here or something.

·
heavy weight
267 Posts
the only other thing is to clean them the have them powder coated with clear . it is alot more durable than just regular clear coat paint. from then on just wash off
ken

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
ken cryder said:
the only other thing is to clean them the have them powder coated with clear . it is alot more durable than just regular clear coat paint. from then on just wash off
ken
Thats what I would do. Randy White @ TopKoat in Kennedale does it. http://www.topkoat.com

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I used the Meguiars Mirror Glaze polish on my Centerline uncoated polished alum. wheels and it did wonders, worked great, I made the mistake of using some stuff for coated wheels and it put all these nasty spots on the wheels and the meguiares took it right off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts