DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
who cares
11,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It hasn't felt like christmas time all week.. Today was a bad day. I have to work tomorrow too... :( We have no family here to spend it with.. :(I'm just depressed about christmas...

You worry and stress about the holiday crap then its over so quick. Then you have to clean it all up...
Why does it have to be so much trouble?? I guess its only stressful if you let it be... :(

Anyone else??

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
I'm not really stressed about it but i am not doing a damn thing either. I am at home alone now and will be until I go back to work Friday.:) I don't even have any friends within a three hour drive to hang out with or anything so I guess you could say that I'm not feeling to jolly either.:p

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
I'm happy I'm still alive and perhaps a couple of other things. Its to hot outside for december, somethings just not right...

I feel your pain.

·
Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
<---- Not very Jolly :mad:

I'm at work right now but at least it's dead up here and we aren't working :D

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,855 Posts
Feeling jolly now. Spent the afternoon with a 2 yr old and 7 yr old at the mall today (to let the wife pack in peace). Lost my drivers license, which was left at KB Toys. Back to the mall. On the way home, almost home, my wife calls to say a friend of the 7 yr old just received a gift from a friend we didn't get something for. Went to the card shop close by, closed. Went to another close by, closed. Returned to mall 20 minutes before 6. Picked out a necklace for her.

Get to the computer and have an email, which I've included a part of:

"WE WORK ALL THE TIME ... YOU NEED TO BE THERE! THAT'S THE GOD DAMN BUSINESS! WE NEED TO GET ON THE SITE NOW!"

Solved that one (which was their own damn fault since the account locked out because of authentication failure, which the IP address traced back to their location). Called them, they said it wasn't them. Didn't feel like arguing.

Three beers down, had our traditional enchiladas and tamales for Eve dinner, watching my 7 yr old dance in last year's nutcracker. Remembered what it was all about. Happy again.

G

·
I have never been one for being jolly. I think being content is the best I am ever gonna get so I like being in that space.

I am having a very quiet Xmas eve. Just me, my Dad and my two pups. I never get to spend quiet time with them so it's kind of a treat for me.

I bought myself a new Marantz surround sound receiver for xmas so I am chilling with the Red Hots as I surf the net. Next week I audition surround sound speakers and sub-woofers :)

I really love the quiet moments.

·
Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
BLOWNTXGT said:
I have never been one for being jolly. I think being content is the best I am ever gonna get so I like being in that space.

I am having a very quiet Xmas eve. Just me, my Dad and my two pups. I never get to spend quiet time with them so it's kind of a treat for me.

I bought myself a new Marantz surround sound receiver for xmas so I am chilling with the Red Hots as I surf the net. Next week I audition surround sound speakers and sub-woofers :)

I really love the quiet moments.
Sounds pretty much like what I would be doing if I was at home.

·
Premium Member
10,331 Posts
I am in hell right now. I'm trapped at family's house with a bunch of idiots and kids who are annoying the sh!t out of me. Christmas feels so fake to me....I'm tired of pretending that I like these people. :mad:

At least it all ends tomorrow.

G

·
Marisa said:
I am in hell right now. I'm trapped at family's house with a bunch of idiots and kids who are annoying the sh!t out of me. Christmas feels so fake to me....I'm tired of pretending that I like these people. :mad:

or does it?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Not too jolly here... miss the woman.. bout to head to church... hangin with the fam later... eh.

·
oh really?
1,399 Posts
i was jolly untill my g/f told me she'd rather spend christmas with her friends instead of with me or her family. guess she doesn't get her present.

·
Certified CRAZY!
4,006 Posts
Not too jolly here either.

Just went home and spent my lunch break opening gifts and stuff so that was fun, but now that I'm back at work it just seems like another day.

Going to midnight mass after work then home to be a Ho Ho Ho.;) Ok, so I don't have it so bad.

Hey KevinH78--Are you in Lewisville? Mikes family is a blast and we spend Christmas day ther....in Lewisville. We'd love to have ya.

Pm me if you're intrested and I'll call ya

Becky:)

G

·
This is just a fucked up day. Christmas isn't Christmas anymore. Times and people change. This is one of the things I don't like about growing up.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Marisa said:

LOL!!! I know how that is. Even though it really doesn't feel like Christmas, I really don't let it get me down.

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
Man, I feel sorry for you all. I love this time of year. Sure there are things that piss me off, I hate crowded malls, I always spend more then I should, visit with people I dont really care to much for. But it pays off in the end. I always try to put a smile on the face of someone less fortunate than me. Just got back from church with the family, man, I feel great! :D

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
racegirl said:
Not too jolly here either.

Just went home and spent my lunch break opening gifts and stuff so that was fun, but now that I'm back at work it just seems like another day.

Going to midnight mass after work then home to be a Ho Ho Ho.;) Ok, so I don't have it so bad.

Hey KevinH78--Are you in Lewisville? Mikes family is a blast and we spend Christmas day ther....in Lewisville. We'd love to have ya.

Pm me if you're intrested and I'll call ya

Becky:)
I wouldn't want to roll up in the middle of your family deal but thanks for the offer!:D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.