DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Token Union Member
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man as long as I can remember it has always been a tradition in my family to eat tamales on Christmas Eve. Hell I can remember when I was little I hated them and hot sauce. (I don't know what was wrong with me at the time) Now I can't get enough of them. They are good and luckily my mom was able to buy some homemade ones and not no dam store bought ones. I was just wondering if anyones else has traditions were they eat certain things like this.

·
Keep your unicorns
12,375 Posts
It's a Mexican deal, now a Tex-Mex deal. I'll have some tomorrow but it's not really a tradition in my family. Did your parents hide a pickle on the christmas tree? Thats a German tradition, the kid that finds it gets the really big present. Makes them look at the tree before tearing into the other presents.

·
Token Union Member
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never heard about the pickle deal and thats strange since my family is 100% german. Maybe my parents are slacking, but even when we were little they never did that. I might have to bring that up to them and see if their parents ever did something like that when they were younger.

G

·
My Mom makes tamales every year. This year she experimented with chicken and created a Cajun Chicken Tamale. Pretty damed good. There is a slice of jalepeño in each one. Kinda like a prize in every bite :)

·
Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
BLOWNTXGT said:
My Mom makes tamales every year. This year she experimented with chicken and created a Cajun Chicken Tamale. Pretty damed good. There is a slice of jalepeño in each one. Kinda like a prize in every bite :)
Damn Robert that sound good! I won't be having any tonight since I'm getting off from work late but will be having some tomorrow afternoon.

G

·
evil jose said:
Damn Robert that sound good! I won't be having any tonight since I'm getting off from work late but will be having some tomorrow afternoon.
They are pretty damned good Jose. I was surprised. :)

Let me know if you want me to save you some. My mom went to her aunt's house tonight and felt too self conscious to take any of them over there so I will have a pretty good supply for a while.

·
Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot
1,145 Posts
hmmm....tamales...every year on every major holiday. just aint chriistmas without 'em. to make me look at the tree, my parents would hide small gifts in it, like when i was 8, i got my first hunting knife, 2 days later, my first scar:(

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
I am a yankee from Illinois. Never had them for Christmas eve. Will never have them for Christmas eve.

<-------- getting ready to eat some more ham.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had some good homemade tamales for lunch.

·
Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
BLOWNTXGT said:
They are pretty damned good Jose. I was surprised. :)

Let me know if you want me to save you some. My mom went to her aunt's house tonight and felt too self conscious to take any of them over there so I will have a pretty good supply for a while.
I'd be willing to "buy" a dozen if you can spare 'em :D

·
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
7,850 Posts
My family doesnt b/c were gringos ;) , but back when we lived in Garland our neighbors who we are still good friends with would hook us up with a couple dozen tamales abuelita would make. The cool thing is they still invite us to the kid's birthday parties so I get homemade food, its soooo damn good :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.