DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sports weenie @ full attn
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since they'll be around 5-10 in draft position, they'll have a good opportunity to get a quality player. I'm hoping for David Ragone outta Louisville. He's big, he has a good arm, and he's a leader. If someone can teach him to get rid of the damn ball on time then he'll be even better.

That is, of course, if Jerry doesn't trade down to get Brad Banks or something:rolleyes:

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
13,421 Posts
Some people are going to disagree, but I would hope that he'd pick up Kingsbury.

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,686 Posts
Who Needs 8 said:
Some people are going to disagree, but I would hope that he'd pick up Kingsbury.

if your talking bout Cliff Kingsbury, good choice

·
Sports weenie @ full attn
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kingsbury isn't the football God everyone makes him out to be. Yes he has a good arm, but he's a product of the spread offense. Anyone who has 60+ attempts a game will have bad ass numbers. Look at Bolger when he replaced Warner. Is Bolger that good? I don't think so, but he plays the Rams wide open offense pretty good. Just like Hypel did at OU. And look where he ended up. The only spread offense QB that's amounted to anything is Tim Couch, and it took him a while to get adjusted. That's why I don't think Kingsbury is someone to build a franchise around, something the Cowboys are looking for.

·
CFH
8,816 Posts
ZYouL8R said:
Kingsbury isn't the football God everyone makes him out to be. Yes he has a good arm, but he's a product of the spread offense. Anyone who has 60+ attempts a game will have bad ass numbers. Look at Bolger when he replaced Warner. Is Bolger that good? I don't think so, but he plays the Rams wide open offense pretty good. Just like Hypel did at OU. And look where he ended up. The only spread offense QB that's amounted to anything is Tim Couch, and it took him a while to get adjusted. That's why I don't think Kingsbury is someone to build a franchise around, something the Cowboys are looking for.
You're funny.

·
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
17,123 Posts
bert89coupe said:
if i had my QB of choice, i'd pick Carson Palmer. he's a proven leader and can get the job done. definatly chose him over Kingsberry.

i would say get a wide reciever but Roy Williams is staying for his senior year.
Personally I think Leftwich from Marshall is alot better the Palmer but I dont want the Cowboys to get him. I want my Raiders to get him :D

If Leftwich had the front line that Palmer does Leftwich's number would be even more insane then they already are.

·
Registered
174 Posts
We saw what Kingsbury can do against a real defense-OU. He wouldn't make it through training camp
If this is true then why didn't Reggy McNeil win the Heisman?
I think Kliff Kingsbury will do very well for himself in the NFL. He graduated with a 3.8 GPA and is a real atheletic guy. Being #3 on the all-time passing yards list isnt to shabby either. I also like Leftwich. He is a tough SOB.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.