DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon enough ill be buying my new motor :D and now i already have my heads, cam and now i need some rockers (and do i need stud mount or pedestal mount)....so for now ill be using the stock e7's so what does everyone suggest to use with my small setup, i am using the TFS Stage 1 cam and a little juice, other mods are full MAC Exhaust, and throttle body and possibly cobra intake!! So after i buy the rockers itll be time for the motor!! :D Thanks

·
Beer Swillin' *******
1,371 Posts
Which Rockers depends on which heads you bought

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evil 93Coupe said:
Soon enough ill be buying my new motor :D and now i already have my heads, cam and now i need some rockers (and do i need stud mount or pedestal mount)...."so for now ill be using the stock e7's" so what does everyone suggest to use with my small setup, i am using the TFS Stage 1 cam and a little juice, other mods are full MAC Exhaust, and throttle body and possibly cobra intake!! So after i buy the rockers itll be time for the motor!! :D Thanks
"so for now ill be using the stock e7's"
Thanks though!!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeremy, what kinda of 1.6 rockers, as far as what brand and u think used rockers are fine and what is the difference between stud and pedestal mount rocker?? But after i buy the rockers i should have everything that i want and then after its done ill get a TFS or cobra intake down the road!! :D

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
If you're about to buy new heads (in the future with your new setup) i wouldnt buy them yet.

currently you need stud mounts. 1.6/1.7 is your choice.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No well right now i have some stock heads with less then 10k miles on them so they are going on the new motor right now and im going to buy some rockers to go with them but down the road after i save up for whatever heads i want ill replace the heads and rockers but for NOW what should i get??

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
If you're wanting more lift, get a bigger cam.
otherwise, i edited my post up there with what u need.

If you get 1.7's, make sure you wont have a piston/valve problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts