21,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hahahahaha

Ford power!

The mouth of the south is back, FRACKERS! :p

·
Narcissistic fade away
17,504 Posts
Ohh.. the irony of the situation. I saw JC was looking for another Mustang.. I guess he finally wanted to go fast so he bought a Ford.

·
Crash Test Dummy
21,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turbostang said:
Ohh.. the irony of the situation. I saw JC was looking for another Mustang.. I guess he finally wanted to go fast so he bought a Ford.
When i get my Turbo on next year, I'll be looking for you. :p :)

·
Crash Test Dummy
21,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BTW. Any tricks to dropping a AOD out of a 4cyl chassis, that already has a 89GT drivetrain and 8.8 in it? The one in it is slipping and I have a replacement AOD that needs to be put in. Any tricks to making it go smooth?

·
World Record Holder!
12,383 Posts
Monsoon X said:
BTW. Any tricks to dropping a AOD out of a 4cyl that already has a 89GT drivetrain and 8.8 in it? The one in it is slipping and I have a replacement AOD that needs to be put in. Any tricks to making it go smooth?
A $69 tranny jack from Harbor freight. That's what I've got and you can pull and put it back in pretty quick. And, make sure that you have converter on all the way.

·
Crash Test Dummy
21,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
302_plus_a_few said:
A $69 tranny jack from Harbor freight. That's what I've got and you can pull and put it back in pretty quick. And, make sure that you have converter on all the way.

Cool. I'll be getting one from there on my way back from StangGT40s house.

Are the bellhousing bolts hard to get to?

·
World Record Holder!
12,383 Posts
Monsoon X said:
Cool. I'll be getting one from there on my way back from StangGT40s house.
DOA's are heavey bastards. They weigh about 140lbs but that should be no problem for buff dude like you! As for me, I don't like having the thing on my chest while I try to get the convert in the right position.

As for the bell housing bolts it depends on the converter. I've got a PI and they have studs on them so its a breeze. I've never jacked with a stock converter.

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
302_plus_a_few said:
No joke! Since I've been posting on this board I think he has bought and sold an SVT Contour, A 99 Mustang, a Z28, a Trans Am and a G35. He's the black whiteboy!
Not to mention how many transmissions he's swapped while he had those vehicles :)

·
Crash Test Dummy
21,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
302_plus_a_few said:
DOA's are heavey bastards. They weigh about 140lbs but that should be no problem for buff dude like you! As for me, I don't like having the thing on my chest while I try to get the convert in the right position.

As for the bell housing bolts it depends on the converter. I've got a PI and they have studs on them so its a breeze. I've never jacked with a stock converter.

hmmm Is it not like the 4L60E? Do I not just drop the old, take out the converter, pop into the new one, lift it back up, connect the converter to the flexplate, tighten up the bellhousing bolts, driveshaft and go?

·
iHustle
8,769 Posts
Monsoon X said:
hmmm Is it not like the 4L60E? Do I not just drop the old, take out the converter, pop into the new one, lift it back up, connect the converter to the flexplate, tighten up the bellhousing bolts, driveshaft and go?
Yeah, same basic deal. Are you thinking about keeping the 5.0, or going ls1?

Chris

·
Crash Test Dummy
21,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cmarsh93z said:
Yeah, same basic deal. Are you thinking about keeping the 5.0, or going ls1?

Chris
Keeping the 5.0 The car is drivable. Its just that the current tranny is slipping. A replacement is coming with the car. Once I get it in, I'll lower the car slap on some cool wheels and just roll it...........until next year. Then let the Kirkstruction begin. ;)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts