DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has seen it. Back in the early and mid 90s it was the mustang, every limp dick between here and canada had a mustang and they all thought they were bad ass...

Since then it has been the F body. The number of dumbasses who own F bodies is absolutely staggering...I see them all the time. As many if not more than ever had Mustangs.

You know the guys, some of their behaviors/mannerisms:
Mommy and Daddy funded kids
Throw a bunch of money around and end up looking stupid because their car is still slow
Rev at every car that comes by

Well, now that the F body is no more, what car is next? Are all these tools going to come back to mustangs or go with imports? Anybody got any predictions?

Personally I can see more tools owning stangs again but I think there will be a mass exodus to the import market, at least until GM makes a new Camaro to be a bandwagon. i think a lot of these tools just buy the fastest car they can get for the cheapest...some of them are swayed by looks though and those guys will be import drivers.

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
14,997 Posts
Pontiac GTP?

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
Monsoon X said:
03 Cobras without a doubt.
:rolleyes: Yeah, I can see a bunch of parents being able to afford those. $20k cars yes, not $30k cars, we dont all drive a escalade on 24" dubs while eating williams chicken to work.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
I think it really is the honda civic, they are more dumb ass ricers out there then f-body drivers.

·
Poor Boy Racing
2,770 Posts
Maybe the new GTO Pontiac is coming out with next year since it is a rear wheel drive ls-1 with a 6 speed.

·
The first, the original
7,397 Posts
juiced86stang said:
Maybe the new GTO Pontiac is coming out with next year since it is a rear wheel drive ls-1 with a 6 speed.
I second that on the GTO.

I think the reason Hondas got so popular because they were hand me down mom-mobiles. Kids being kids can't leave well enough alone and started modifying what they had. Other wise, why in the hell would you mess with a 4 dr accord or civic that looks like a plain car when you could have a Prelude which at least had some potential.:rolleyes:

I think the Hondas will continue to be popular because they are a well built reliable cars that are pretty affaordable. People buy them for their kids.

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
Hondas.... By far...
Then we get the Nissans, and Toyotas.... Etc..
But don't get me wrong, there are nice cars out there somewhere, but most of the owners are just tools. For example, I live in an Apartment complex, and this Integra with fart can exhaust feels that he should Speed Bump race, From one bump to another.... What a moron.

·
If the shoe fits......
5,406 Posts
As much as I hate to say it. I think it will be the WRC knock off cars like the WRX and EVO. WRC is pretty damn cool and with speed channel showing a race every night at 10pm central. It just might inspire somemore ricers.

·
Crash Test Dummy
21,966 Posts
AbecX said:
:rolleyes: Yeah, I can see a bunch of parents being able to afford those. $20k cars yes, not $30k cars, we dont all drive a escalade on 24" dubs while eating williams chicken to work.
It's not my fault you're poor.

Do you know how much WS6s cost? I see plenty of kids in those.

·
Procrastination Racing
9,224 Posts
AL P said:
Everyone has seen it. Back in the early and mid 90s it was the mustang, every limp dick between here and canada had a mustang and they all thought they were bad ass...

That's exactly why in April 1992, I bought an 88 Lincoln Mark VII instead of a Mustang.
4 wheel disc
Power everything
Leather
Easy to lower (well, I found out about that after buying)
Secure trunk rather than hatch
Same price as 88 Mustangs were going for at the time.
$9,020 w/TTL

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
Monsoon X said:
Do you know how much WS6s cost? I see plenty of kids in those.
$20,000 or less. 98+ T/A's all look the same, you know how that is, dont you...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts