DFW Mustang Forums banner

Where to weigh my truck?

816 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Couver
Hiyas!! Long time no post but lurking as always..

The Navy just moved me back to Fort Worth after almost 6 years. To complete my move I need to weigh my truck. Does anyone know a place around the Crowley road Hulen area that has a scale? I need my ticket to complete my move and get the $$ for it. God it is nice to not wake up in New Orleans everyday.

Thanks Gang I may have to roll up to beach st when I get my crap in order again

Have a Happy!!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Any cat weight station will cost you $6-10.
Truck stop on 35 with scales- cost me ten to weigh then re-weigh
See if you can borrow jkd's bathroom scale.
See if you can borrow jkd's bathroom scale.
I heard RKC Jared's goes higher.
Are you getting the 'empty' weight? Make sure you take everything out of that truck, including the spare and jack, and roll that bitch in on fumes.

I had a friend back when I was in the Army who went and bought a waterbed, set it up and filled it in the uhaul to bring his loaded weight up. :p

BTW, how long have you been away? Beach sucks!
Are you getting the 'empty' weight? Make sure you take everything out of that truck, including the spare and jack, and roll that bitch in on fumes.

I had a friend back when I was in the Army who went and bought a waterbed, set it up and filled it in the uhaul to bring his loaded weight up. :p

What was his reason for scaling out heavier?
More money when moving(pcs)
When you move yourself in the military they pay you by the pound. So you get a truck, make it as heavy as possible, then weigh it for the "loaded" weight. Then once unloaded you weigh it again to get the "empty" weight. You send that info in and they cut you a check (minus your advance).

I didn't need to do it myself, cause mine was loaded full with my actual stuff, but some of the single guys with no shit would 'pad' their weight. I heard stories of trucks full of cinder blocks, sand bags, even a car in the truck. My friend did it because the weight he was paid for ultimately paid for the new water bed he bought. :p
See less See more
When you move yourself in the military they pay you by the pound. So you get a truck, make it as heavy as possible, then weigh it for the "loaded" weight. Then once unloaded you weigh it again to get the "empty" weight. You send that info in and they cut you a check (minus your advance).

I didn't need to do it myself, cause mine was loaded full with my actual stuff, but some of the single guys with no shit would 'pad' their weight. I heard stories of trucks full of cinder blocks, sand bags, even a car in the truck. My friend did it because the weight he was paid for ultimately paid for the new water bed he bought. :p
I gotcha, well like the saying goes "what they don't know, won't hurt them"

What interest me more about military is the armor and weapons, that's about all I know.
More money when moving(pcs)
Out of curiosity, what is PCS?

I could probably google it, but I'm lazy.

I left in Feb of 2004

I found a truck stop on 35 a few miles away I am good. I am just grabbing an empty weight. I got my full ticket in New Orleans.

I have known guys to go to Home Depot or Lowes get a pallet of concrete on their truck take it weigh it then return it. I am going to be right around 11,000 pounds with no padding. I always do it legit not worth a career over a couple thousand bucks.

PCS= Personel Change of Station
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.