DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where should i send my cams to get regrinds? I want them to get done as soon as possible, but i still want a good cam. Does anyone have any experiences with crane or anyone else that actually does it? Any help is appreciated.

· Along for the ride
6,569 Posts
i've got Houston performance cams and love them. the were $475 but i believe the cobra grinds go for about $800 since it's four. also check with crane, modular performance, crower, sean hyland. hope this helps.

marcus

· Registered
4,262 Posts

· Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the quick responses. I am going to call Houston Performance after Christmas and see how long it will take them. If they can get them done quickly enough i will go there. I am also thinking about sending them to Crane.
Black96Stroker-I will look into that place and see what they offer. Has anyone else heard of Snieghter cams??

· T-sippers blow goats
4,486 Posts
You can call Manny or Ozzie at HPP. They are a dealer for Houston Performance. There is no turnaround on the cams they stock them at HP.

· Registered
655 Posts
what does a regring do?

· Registered
655 Posts
it worth the time and money? better than buying a new 1?

· Premium Member
4,032 Posts
wee there will definetly be an arguement on that question. The billet cams are really expensive($750ish). The regrinds are around $450-500. I don't know if anyone has problems anymore with the regrinds. There was alot of confusion about the lash caps which were/are needed to compensate for the grinding.

· Along for the ride
6,569 Posts
96BluOvl said:
wee there will definetly be an arguement on that question. The billet cams are really expensive($750ish). The regrinds are around $450-500. I don't know if anyone has problems anymore with the regrinds. There was alot of confusion about the lash caps which were/are needed to compensate for the grinding.
the only regrinds i've heard of that require lash caps are cranes. i don't need them with my HP cams and i've had zero problems. i've also never heard of anyone else having problems with regrinds. i'd say they are just as good as billet grinds. JMO

marcus

· Registered
609 Posts
Re: Cams

BLACK96STROKER said:
Had mine done at Snieghter (spelling?) cams out of San Diego. They do good mod motor cams. I dont have the number handy. Good luck on the 4 cam regrind. Greg
I ues them as well. They do about anything you need them to. They touched up my blower cams (which are for sale if your going that route - car went from 503rwhp to 660 with these cams and 4 more psi)

They've done my bike cams, the cam in my 347 and the cobra. They're grinding a turbo grind for me right now.

Its SCHNEIDER btw.SCHNEIDER Racing Cams (619) 297-0227

They're an old school outfit that does a lot of old hot rod stuff. But capable of doing anything you need. I have specs on a bunch of 32v cam profile sif you need em.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.