DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
21,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my dad bought me a few of them when i was younger(maybe 10 years old) and i thought they were so cool, ate them all in a couple days haha. we were talking about that the other day and i figured it would be kinda cool/funny to buy him some just for the hell of it.

other than the army navy stores, where are some places that will have them? also how much do they cost and are there certain ones to stay away from or certain ones i should get over others?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Good luck... the real MREs are stamped not for retail sale. They are government property. You can find the knock of ones at CTD.

I just left a COP where for two plus weeks two meals a day were MREs. My favorite are the beef stew and the chili. And nothing like a MRE bb&j on a bagel for snacks. I wished you could by the jalapeno cheese on the open market though, that stuff is the shit. Speaking of shit, I have not in a week, must be the cheese cork.

And a bb&j pic for the fun of it.

·
Banned
4,908 Posts
Real MREs are hard as hell to come by, you can find the "mil spec" ones at cheaper than dirt but they are not the same. Only way to get some is to pony up 50-60 bucks for a case a soldier is selling on ar15.com or a forum of the like.

·
Out
41,944 Posts
Also, if you browse around costco.com and Sam's Club, they have really nice meals that have a pretty long shelf life. Usually coming in 5 gallon buckets, so all-weather storage is easy.

As far as the real MREs go, I need to recommend the beef enchilada and chicken tetrazini. Yum!

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Also, if you browse around costco.com and Sam's Club, they have really nice meals that have a pretty long shelf life. Usually coming in 5 gallon buckets, so all-weather storage is easy.

As far as the real MREs go, I need to recommend the beef enchilada and chicken tetrazini. Yum!
+1 on the beef enchilada, cut that bitch open and use a microwave to heat it up. These new heaters suck.

·
Banned
4,908 Posts
Looks like a CLSS warehouseman making a little side cash. LOL
Its the first one I came across that didnt want $75 plus a case. I get mine from my little bro, free MREs = awesome. I wouldnt pay for the damned things, there are many other options for long term food storage that taste better. I do want to give a few of the First Strike Rations a try.

·
African Booty Scratcher
13,150 Posts
why would anyone "want" to eat these?

god bless.

·
I miss Colorado
2,310 Posts
Jambalaya and chili-mac are the SHIT!!
If you get a bad one, just load it up with salt.

note to self: start stocking up on MRE's now...
*99 days left on active duty*

·
Registered
264 Posts
Find someone that can get on a military base. The commisary usually has them, but you have to do some searching. Usually they are hidden with the bulk/discount items in the back. The are not as cheap as you think they should be. Last time I saw them they were $7.xx each.

·
too many projects!
5,196 Posts
The chilli is awesome!! I have a bunch how many do you want? I have some here and boxes of them at my mother in laws each box has about 15 or. If its worth it for her to ship them then she may send a bunch. Real deal ones too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts