DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some thing mass produced. It needs to be plastic, and it would be small. It is a small knob like object that is only about an inch to an inch and half in size and very simple in design. Does any one know where I could or some one that could possibly make some thing like this?

·
tear'n asphalt in the 68'
1,489 Posts
Look into "vacuum molding" in your area, try the yellow book and see what you can find, I'm not sure how expensive it is to outsource something like this but it's worth a shot if you can find something.

Also you'd be suprised how expensive mass producing even a small item can be, if it needs to be injecton molded (possibly from description) or blow molded (probably not). Vacuum molding would be the cheapest way to go, just depends on the design.

Good luck on finidng a good price man.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
Wont be cheap.

If it needs to be precise it wont be cheap. I used to be an aircraft mechanic and we had molds made for fiberglass parts made out of "plastic" molds, cnc machined, not cheap.;)

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
19,065 Posts
if you have one already and have some time and patience... you can build your own from fiberglass.

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figure some thing like that may not be cheap. If every thing goes right, I might end up needing several hundred thousand of these.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts