DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
gettin sideways
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the track tonight intending to get deeper in the 11s which i would have done if my car wasnt messing up.

my first pass i spun all the way down the track (Literally) and ran a [email protected] getting out of it right past 1/8 mile.

my second pass i spun all the way down the track again (people told me they could hear it spinning through 3rd) and it was so bad i had to feather it down the track and i ran a [email protected]
as i was coming back down the track i heard the announce say "we're gonna take a break and take a look at the top end, the last car was smoking on the top end" so i look at the clocks and it is still showing my times, so i head back to the pits and my dad comes up to me and said my car was pouring smoke out of it at about the 1/8 mile on.

my 3rd pass i kept looking in my mirror to see if it was smoking and right before i shifted into 4th all i saw was white smoke pouring off my car. so at about the 1/8 i got on the brakes hard and ran a [email protected] that would have definately been atleast an 11.60 pass.

anyone know why it would smoke like that? my car shoots a little black smoke out sometimes when i shift but thats just burning off fuel. when i got back to the pits after the last pass i popped the hood and it smelled kinda like burning oil. i checked the oil and it was fine and i had plenty of oil pressure. i dont know why its doing this, does anyone know?

·
who me????
643 Posts
if you are sure it is oil , check for an oil leak. valve cover, dip stick. anywhere oil can come out of.it is probably dropping onto the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
Is it smoking out of the pipes, or from underneath the car?

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
Could have blown a head gasket.. It doesnt have to show up in the oil. Could be dumping it directly into the cylinder.

oil = water

Also, you could have built a little too much boost and popped out the dip stick, but i REALLY hope you would have noticed if it were something along those lines.. Im assuming its while driving and coming out the tips , correct? Not a leak.

·
Mr. Instigator
6,404 Posts
Five Point Slow said:
Could have blown a head gasket.. It doesnt have to show up in the oil. Could be dumping it directly into the cylinder.

oil = water
im thinking its probably a blown head gasket as well....HOPEFULLY its not a melted hyperpathetic piston:eek:

might need to change teh oil and see if there is water in the oil

·
gettin sideways
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was going down the track, i couldnt see what it was coming out of. if i blew a head gasket wouldnt i have heard something or wouldnt it be running crappy?

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
Red92Stang said:
i was going down the track, i couldnt see what it was coming out of. if i blew a head gasket wouldnt i have heard something or wouldnt it be running crappy?
Nope... Have it checked.. What Pistons are you using?

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
His car is a 92, It has forged piston (if its the orignal motor)

Just by checking the oil doesnt prove that the head gasket isnt popped. The Water could be leaking directly into a cylinder & not into the water jackets.

Also , you wouldnt have heard it pop.

·
gettin sideways
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Five Point Slow said:
His car is a 92, It has forged piston (if its the orignal motor)

Just by checking the oil doesnt prove that the head gasket isnt popped. The Water could be leaking directly into a cylinder & not into the water jackets.

Also , you wouldnt have heard it pop.
actually its a 93 and has the stock hypeutectic pistons. i never had my name on here changed after i got rid of the 92 GT. read the description on my sig

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
you didn't happen to blow the dipstick out of the dipstick tube and spray oil onto the headers, did you?

I've seen cars with a bit of crankcase pressure push the dipstick out just enough to spray some oil...

Shawn

·
gettin sideways
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope, didnt do that. i have a friend that is gonna look over it for me and see whats wrong

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
I gotcha.

Id have someone look at it that knew before you get into driving it anymore..

Good Luck.

G

·
anyone know why it would smoke like that?

One time I had a bad head gasket that made it smoke white at high RPM'S. Just a thought.

·
Sir Clavin
3,106 Posts
I'd say blown head gasket too. My friend that had a Strim on his coupe encountered the same problem. It seemed like he was making a good pass right until he shifted into fourth and then the white smoke started to pour out from the rear of the car. It wasnt a ton of smoke but it was definitely noticeable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts