DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Out
36,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean, the whole reason for giving a gift is to show that you thought of that person. I went ahead and got her something because it's a tense time for the family since we've experianced a death this past week, just so there isn't any commotion. But what about other times; is this considered rude not to get that person anything?

·
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
7,850 Posts
Denny said:
I mean, the whole reason for giving a gift is to show that you thought of that person. I went ahead and got her something because it's a tense time for the family since we've experianced a death this past week, just so there isn't any commotion. But what about other times; is this considered rude not to get that person anything?
well that is true, but the reason for giving a gift is often overlooked, and thought of more as a responsibility than an opportunity to show that you care. It's your choice whether you get a person something, but since most people dont think twice about what getting gifts means, it would probably be viewed as rude.

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
Denny said:
If you're at a family christmas and there's a relative you don't like and the feeling is mutual. Why is it expected to give them a gift and vice versa?
You do it because it is Christmas and it is a time to put all ill feelings aside and enjoy giving, even if it means you dont like the person. Most of the time it is better to be a man and do what you know is the right thing to do instead of being stubborn, even if the other person does nothing. That makes you a bigger and better person.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
Is she hot?

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts

·
who cares
11,087 Posts
why worry about pleasing the whole family?? What is the point?
I like buying gifts for my close loved ones.. But not everyone!!They don't think about me or my close family.. So,why worry about them? Its all a bunch of BS!:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.