DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can be recommended around the Dallas area to do a gear swap in a '95 Impala SS? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
I have a 95 Impala and have had three sets of gears in it. Go to Apple's Auto in Euless 817-354-1617. They setup all my gears and never a problem with noise or vibes.

They also put 3.73's in my truck (same rear end as Impala).

The guys up there are cool as hell, know what they are doing, and offer their work at fair prices.

They are at Hwy 360 and 183. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

-Andy

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tips.... 4drss, why have you had to do three sets of gears? Did you upgrade your posi unit also? Mind me asking what they charged you? I was really looking for something a little closer to where I live but might give them a shot.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
gts95 said:
thanks for the tips.... 4drss, why have you had to do three sets of gears? Did you upgrade your posi unit also? Mind me asking what they charged you? I was really looking for something a little closer to where I live but might give them a shot.
Changing mods required different gearing. I had the stock 3.08's, then 3.73's for a couple years when I just had bolt ons, and then went with 4.10's with my current heads/cam setup.

They just installed an Eaton limited slip in my car about three months ago. After 75,000 miles my stock Auburn was shot.

They charged me around $250 (labor) with me supplying the parts. They set them up right, nothing worse than whining gears.

It is a bit of a drive but worth it. I live in North Plano and drive 40 miles to their shop for work without hesitating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts