DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm callin you out!
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I come home at about 12:30 tonight. Theres a message on the door that says that work called and I need to come in at 4 in the morning to work. I was suppose to be off. Plus I have this new car that i had planed to work on that day plus i have night classes and need to study some. Would you tell them to shove it or just suck it up?

·
I'm Yer Huckleberry
3,773 Posts
suck it up.....but what would i know, i dont work:(

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
i say shove it. going to work at 4 am on less than three hours of sleep could be harmful, depending on your line of work. plus that, most people wouldn't perform well.

sleep factor alone would tell me to tell them to shove it, and that you MIGHT be able to be in later in the day, but not 4am

·
I'm callin you out!
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. The thing is they dont ask if you can come in. Plus I worked 15 hours yesterday. 2 in the afternoon to 6 in the morning. Went to sleep at around 7:30. Got up at about 3:30 in the afternoon. Went and checked on a few things for my new car then went straight to class at 6 and didn't get out until 9. So heck no. Im not making no 20 bucks an hour so screw them. I ain't coming in.

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
Agreed, Screw them and the horse they rode in on.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
thats what i'm saying dude, fuck it, dont go in, its not worth it.

tell them you will be in when you can

·
you cant see me
15,960 Posts
if its over time pay and you can do the other stuff later, then id do it,

but if its not or you make less that $9hr to begin with and you have college to study for id say study so you can kiss that job goodbye someday and make real $$$

·
Fear the lawn gnome
4,535 Posts
if it was not on a printed schedual. fuck em they'll just call someone else in. if you get fired on your day off when you didnt even talk to em they cant do shit. if they do all hell would break loose. if somone did this to some poor white peice trash that calls in every day anyway he'd sue them fuckers and get a few years worth of money to live on. all you have to do is tell them you have something else planned that you cannot break.

G

·
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but Texas is a right to work state. They can fire you for anything they dream up. Just play your cards right man.

·
PVC Racing
9,779 Posts
I could never get in that situation. I work every damn day. Also they know where I live and its only 1.2 miles away from work. Hell they will just come and get me if they had to.

·
I'm callin you out!
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep. Im still here. Can't go to sleep either cause i worked so freaking late last night. Oh well.

·
Banned
19,494 Posts
It just depends on what ya do, how much you're paid and if you like your job............very simple.

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
im glad you didnt go in...lack of sleep can be hazardous in the workplace...and i know for damn sure being a fireman, i dont want any of my fellow linesman with lack of sleep because one slip by him could kill us all....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts