DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about going to track next month and would like to run my n20 for first time in a couple years. If I am too lazy to regap plugs from .055 to .035 like I usually do when I decide to go, what will probably happen? I will drop timing to 10*.

I have a NOS dry kit pilled to 150hp.

-Chris

· Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have the MSD installed by the time I go racing. I have a 6a sitting here, just haven't installed it yet.

I dont care if it runs at full potential. If we are talking only 5-10hp difference, I dont care, I just dont want it to blow the spark out and blow the intake or something similar.

-Chris

G

·
If you're running an MSD at the time, it'll be quite difficult to blow out the spark. Just make sure the mixture is right on. You shouldn't need to regap. I ran my car with .050 on 125shot without an MSD for a while.

· Resident Pinstriper
4,978 Posts
As mentioned above, the MSD will basically burn anything you throw at it. My best friend's car burnt the ends of the spark plugs off when he sprayed it because the plug wasn't set into the head deep enough. Luckily it didn't lean out and blow his shit up, and he figured it out before that happened and changed to a longer plug. He ran it a couple weekends ago and N/A ran a 7.86 @ 82 or so mph, then he ran a Nitrous blast and ran a 7.86 @ 92 !! :eek: :eek: (too much wheel-spinnage !!)

-Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.