DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of Spark Plugs do you guys put on your mustangs? I currently have a 88' GT Mustang 5spd and a couple of friends have told me to go with spit fire or something like that, what do you guys recommend? Thanks

·
Merry HoHo
32,791 Posts
h3h said:
What type of Spark Plugs do you guys put on your mustangs? I currently have a 88' GT Mustang 5spd and a couple of friends have told me to go with spit fire or something like that, what do you guys recommend? Thanks
motorcraft awsf32c or autolite 24's BTW wrong forum

·
Registered
491 Posts
are bosch platinums overated?? cause thats what came in my GT and i was wondering if i should upgrade or are they good enough?

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
Bosh Platnum 4's
Denso, Iridium

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for now its stock heh,the car already has a mac header shorties, i already got the flows waiting for a o\f h-pipe, the next thing to buy is h-pipe o/f,mac cold air fenderwell,3.73 8.8, steeda shifter, new clutch. Maybe later on get a gt40 intake

·
Registered
491 Posts
a little suggestion..and some of you may be against EBAY but get the cold air intake from their..its the exact same thing as a MAC one except its a hell of a lot cheaper..unless if you actually wanna pay for the name..i got mine for 70 with shipping and handling and it works great...got my reverse glo gauges for 36$ with shipping and handling and those are great too so always check ebay before overpaying on other sites...and no these were not used products. Just be sure to order from a powerseller and stuff like that so yo uknow you wont get ripped

·
Registered
941 Posts
i used to use motorcraft's and they suck i melted two sets i say go w/ ngk v-powers! they are cheap and it stops the hard start problem that aolt of guys have been havein. my car would cough and die in the morning and its a 4.6 put in the ngks and it starts better than it ever has. i've run all kinda ford plugs copper and plat. bc i have the hook up there and i'll never do it again

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
h3h said:
Whats the difference between Autolite 24 vs Autolite 25?
Heat range. The 25's are hotter than the 24's. 25 is the stock replacement plug.

Seriously, the best bang for your buck is an ordinary set of autolite 25s. Forget the fancy plugs.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts