DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do I go to,to get my torque boxes welded up?Or what can I do for them?Any suggestions

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
get the plated that they sell at wolfe. They are only $20 get those, and get them welded on, if your torque boxes are split, make sure everything is lined up right before you weld everything.

Also if you dont have subframes, those are a must.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have subframes and nothing is wrong yet,but I was planning on getting a 3 link maximum motorsports torque arm setup and just want to prepare

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
I had subframes & battle boxes put in my GT. The difference is night and day on how tight the car is now and how tight it was before. It has 208k miles and the chassis was getting pretty loose. This is probably the most costly approach but I have no worries now.

The plate, subframes, and welding up of seams as Beej recommended would cost less and would work well too.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mikeb said:
I had subframes & battle boxes put in my GT. The difference is night and day on how tight the car is now and how tight it was before. It has 208k miles and the chassis was getting pretty loose. This is probably the most costly approach but I have no worries now.

The plate, subframes, and welding up of seams as Beej recommended would cost less and would work well too.
where did you get it done,how much?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Da Prez said:
i had michael kilgore and team weld up my torque boxes...send him a pm...they have also done a few other members from this site...
is that his name on this site "micheal kilgore" thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts