DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· MFFL!
13,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Denny said:
I did mine at Albertson's.

BTW, 15 day grace period on registration, 5 days on inspection, and 30 days on DL.
Thanks!

I know you have a grace period, but there's an Alberton's next door to me. I'd have to go all the way to Park and 75 after today. Plus peace of mind since i'm on probation and the cops will be out in full force tonight AND I have a smart mouth! :D

G

·
Denny said:
I did mine at Albertson's.

BTW, 15 day grace period on registration, 5 days on inspection, and 30 days on DL.
it's 5 working days on registration, DL expires on birthdate (no grace period), inspection expires on the last day of the month shown on sticker (no grace period).

· Premium Member
9,277 Posts
If you get a ticket for inspection, in Dallas, they will give you 10 days to get it taken care of, and then if you bring proof you got it fixed, they dismiss the ticket. I went through that, just about 3 weeks ago.

G

·
the inspection is similar to registration in that if you get it renewed within the 10 working days, they can only charge you a $10 fee and dismiss it, but it can't be expired for more than 60 days.

· Out
36,504 Posts
Domestic Violence said:
it's 5 working days on registration, DL expires on birthdate (no grace period), inspection expires on the last day of the month shown on sticker (no grace period).
No it's not and I wish people would quit talking out of their ass on things like this. It just makes you look dumber! I'm right and you're wrong, OK?

G

·
Denny said:
No it's not and I wish people would quit talking out of their ass on things like this. It just makes you look dumber! I'm right and you're wrong, OK?
you should probably recheck your sources because it's sure not texas law.

§ 502.407. Operation of Vehicle With Expired License Plate

(a) A person commits an offense if, after the fifth working day after the date the registration for the vehicle expires:

(1) the person operates on a public highway during a registration period a motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer that has attached to it a license plate for the preceding period; and

(2) the license plate has not been validated by the attachment of a registration insignia for the registration period in effect.

(b) A justice of the peace or municipal court judge having jurisdiction of the offense may:

(1) dismiss a charge of driving with an expired motor vehicle registration if the defendant:

(A) remedies the defect not later than the 10th working day after the date of the offense; and

(B) establishes that the fee prescribed by Section 502.176 has been paid; and

(2) assess an administrative fee not to exceed $10 when the charge is dismissed.

(c) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200.
§ 521.271. License Expiration

(a) Each original driver's license and provisional license expires as follows:

(1) a driver's license expires on the first birthday of the license holder occurring after the sixth anniversary of the date of the application;

(2) a provisional license expires on the earlier of:

(A) the 18th birthday of the license holder; or

(B) the first birthday of the license holder occurring after the date of the application;

(3) an instruction permit expires on the first birthday of the license holder occurring after the date of the application; and

(4) an occupational license expires on the first anniversary of the court order granting the license.

(b) A driver's license that is renewed expires on the sixth anniversary of the expiration date before renewal
§ 548.254. Validity of Inspection Certificate

An inspection certificate is invalid after the end of the 12th month following the month in which the certificate is issued. An unused inspection certificate representing a previous inspection period may not be issued after the beginning of the next period.
i'm going to venture a guess that i'm a little more knowledgable in texas traffic law than you are.

· MFFL!
13,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Domestic Violence said:
you should probably recheck your sources because it's sure not texas law.

i'm going to venture a guess that i'm a little more knowledgable in texas traffic law than you are.
I guess the PD he worked for must have taught him wrong :rolleyes: OR, it's possible that the laws have changed since he last worked for the PD. You could both be right for different time periods.

G

·
i am a full-time traffic enforcement officer and have been so for quite some time. in the 7 years i've been a police officer, these laws haven't changed.

· Out
36,504 Posts
§ 502.407. Operation of Vehicle With Expired License Plate

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

§ 521.271. License Expiration

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995. Amended by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 1372, § 2, eff. Sept. 1, 1997.

§ 548.254. Validity of Inspection Certificate

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
Fucking shit! Maybe it's time to pick-up a new Gould's... I feel even older now!:mad:

<--------T.C.L.E.O.S.E. cert. has been expired for a while, so no need to brush up.:eek:

<--------Tells his own ass to shut up.

· Rollin', in my 5.0
3,615 Posts
First:

mustang_marc said:
I guess the PD he worked for must have taught him wrong :rolleyes:
Then:

Domestic Violence said:
i am a full-time traffic enforcement officer and have been so for quite some time. in the 7 years i've been a police officer, these laws haven't changed.
LMFAO!

Marc, you have foot in mouth syndrome on this one buddy...lol

-keith

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.