DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to port it while its off. is that how you do it? open it up to the size of the gasket?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and just port it to the gasket?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can i reuse the old gasket? its looking pretty good. will the new gasket be smaller? should i port it to the size of the old gasket?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i guess there is not much porting to be done. damn, i was hoping to open it WAY up.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so just open it a little and clean the openings? thanks turbo!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks man.

·
Im somebody's daddy!
12,567 Posts
IMO, dont touch it until you have some idea of what you are doing. Do some reasearch, look at some pics, check out some other intakes.

Definetly get new gaskets.

What heads are on there? What intake is it?

If its stock heads and stock intake, use a stock gasket. Trust me, there is PLENTY of material to be removed to match up to a stock head. The stock gasket matches up real well to a stock head, but the intake doesnt. If you opened it up to a 1250, youd be hurting yourself unless you had the lower welded/epoxied. Bellmouthing the ports is a BAD idea.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why weld the lower? i shouldnt have bell mouthed it?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whats the "bowl"? why is there a hole in the middle it the row if holes? on the lower?

·
Banned
31,053 Posts
oh, you're talking about an intake?? see, you never mentioned that...

anyhow, if we're talking about a stock intake, you obviously don't want to open up the ports any larger than the inlets unless you're going to somehow port the upper...

you'll want to port and straighten the runners... don't open the head-side ports beyond the inlets of the head ports.

straightening the runners properly will require epoxy or welding...

Forrest

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
but it dead ends.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
on the lower there are 9 holes the one i am talkong about is in the middle. the upper has 8.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.