DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theyre selling me 2- 10's in a box(audiobahn) f0r -$140
what kinda amp should i get? what about crossover? tweeters?

·
Keep your unicorns
12,421 Posts
Talk about a wide open question! Get an Eclipse DA7122, it will put out an honest 1,000 watts into a 2ohm load with 10.8v of input:) Of course it retails for close to $1000 though.

Seriously though it depends on how much you have to spend and what you expect from an amplifier. The Best Buy stuff might suit you just fine, meaning cheap Rockford Fosgate.

·
Premium Member
14,894 Posts
GOOD CALL on the eclipse 7122, that thing is BAD.

i wouldnt buy audiobahns.

if you are getting a steal on them, then you might want to look into MTX amps, alot of power for dollar.

adam

·
Keep your unicorns
12,421 Posts
It is BAD, too bad their max rating is at 2ohm. I was going to buy it's big brother but I realized that I'd have to compete with the guys using 20 15" woofers and 16k watts.

Personally I use a Diamond D5 1200.1 for my subs in the Avalanche.

Noone listens to me but the old Kicker ZR360 is a badass freakin amp. Check this link for some smoking deals on one. It puts out an honest 700 watts!

·
Registered
307 Posts
OneBadWagon said:
GOOD CALL on the eclipse 7122, that thing is BAD.

i wouldnt buy audiobahns.

if you are getting a steal on them, then you might want to look into MTX amps, alot of power for dollar.

adam
I agree MTX has some nice size amps for the money. Audiobahn is okay but not the best out there.

·
Keep your unicorns
12,421 Posts
My Talon hit 148.8 db with 2 brand new 12s using a ZR360:) It should be over 150 now with them broken in.

·
Premium Member
14,894 Posts
i havent laid hands on the 7232 but it is basically two of the 7122's in one housing, so i can imagine that it would power a small city.

adam

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so then what kinda subs? i think ima get a rocker fosgate amp 1000 watts/ but what kinda subs?

·
Premium Member
14,894 Posts
if you have 1000 real watts, i would go with something like the eclipse aluminums, they sound great, and can hit very hard.

for a lower cost solution, you could always go with MTX8000's, just buy whatever extended warranty if any is offered.

they hit, but over time, when REALLY worked will blow the dust caps off.

adam

·
Registered
307 Posts
stalker07 said:
so then what kinda subs? i think ima get a rocker fosgate amp 1000 watts/ but what kinda subs?
Thats not gunna be a real 1000 watt amp you know that right? Hell if I was you Circuit City is selling MTX amps cheap as hell right now. They have some powerful amps. And right now the price is awesome on them.

·
Premium Member
14,894 Posts
if it is a year or two old, then it might very well produce its stated power.

dont discount fosgate, they (until recently) made good product.
i can think of a few companies that are following the bling > quality route.

adam

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have a rockford fosgate power bd1001 powering two solobaric15l5's. Can't go wrong with fosgate if you get the right amp, I haven't heard nething louder than mine in a while.

·
Out with your mom
2,508 Posts
I am partial to the JL amps. They can be picked up used for good prices and make a lot of power. Kicker are very nice ones too.

·
Registered
621 Posts
BP said:
Noone listens to me but the old Kicker ZR360 is a badass freakin amp. Check this link for some smoking deals on one. It puts out an honest 700 watts! [/B]
i used to have a kicker zr600 in a single cab truck w/ 2 rockford power dvc 12 and it pounded. It ust to set of the sensors in the seat belts and lock them up. moble sound systems in arlington has some of the kicker zr series for sale. last time i was in there they had 2 zr360 and 1 zr120. they have been repaired by kicker and are supposed to be good as new. trust me the kicker zr series amps rock.

·
Keep your unicorns
12,421 Posts
2002 silver sleeper said:
i used to have a kicker zr600 in a single cab truck w/ 2 rockford power dvc 12 and it pounded. It ust to set of the sensors in the seat belts and lock them up. moble sound systems in arlington has some of the kicker zr series for sale. last time i was in there they had 2 zr360 and 1 zr120. they have been repaired by kicker and are supposed to be good as new. trust me the kicker zr series amps rock.
I was there an hour ago, only one little Kicker amp left.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
and which audiobahns are they? ten inch alum? dual voice coils? if its them they hit hard. i had two, only ever had one hitting due to ohm limits of my crappy amp, but it was nice.

·
Keep your unicorns
12,421 Posts
1994SilverGT said:
how much for it?
No idea, I didn't ask. I just noticed there was only one in the display.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts