DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to MinGreyGT and he told me that he got an Dell Axim for Christmas. Than my cousin up at work let me fool around with his IPaq and I thought it was pretty cool. Now I want one! Which one would you get and why? I'm looking at getting one probably in the next 4 months and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one running WinCE but is there any advantage/disadvantage to the Palm OS? Post up!

· Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually looking at that one the other day and since I'm a T-Mobile subscriber it makes more sense. Can you post up a link to a website with better info than what T-Mobile has on theres?

· ¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
IPaq or Dell Axim, only because you can install linux on them, WinCE will not even come close to the possibilites of the applications you can run in linux, everything you do on a normal box, you would be able to do on your handheld, hell even play widescreen movies sideways on it.

· almost ready to race
2,860 Posts
evil jose said:
I was actually looking at that one the other day and since I'm a T-Mobile subscriber it makes more sense. Can you post up a link to a website with better info than what T-Mobile has on theres?
Here's some good info on it.

http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/learnmore/phoneedition/default.asp

I just ordered a car mount for it that transmits the sound to the car stereo. Once I buy a good memory card for it, I'll turn it into an mp3 player using Windows Media Player.;)

· You lookin' at mah EYE?!
4,809 Posts
Right now, I've got a Visor Edge, which uses the Palm OS. The only thing it's missing that I want is a spreadsheet app.

I'm looking at getting one of the Dell PocketPC's though, because I want color/backlight display, not to mention it already has Excel on it, so I don't have to jack with figuring out a new spreadsheet program.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.