DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Ive got the following,

Cobra intake, 70mm TB, AFR 165s, Shortie headers, H pipe, exhaust, MSD dist., 1.6 rr, custom cam 236*@.050" 112L/C +4* advance Dur. 284-284 and lift int.560" exh.560" Running at 14*timming.

So what should I do next?

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think 3:55 is good. I know, there not 3:73s or 6:15s;) But I think they will do great for me. Oh, I already have a traction problem at 5000rpm's.

How much do you think 24# inj. and Calibrated MAF will help me?

· Registered
752 Posts
i think if your gonna keep upgrading go with 4.10s unless you drive this daily. Otherwise go with 3.73s. Gears will help a lot with your traction problems. Also i didnt see pullies on the list, go ahead and get some pullies on there. Ya and getting it tuned with a custom chip would help out a lot. Oh and a better rear suspension, better fuel management, and if its an auto get a better stall converter.

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
89BlueCoupe said:
i think if your gonna keep upgrading go with 4.10s unless you drive this daily. Otherwise go with 3.73s. Gears will help a lot with your traction problems. Also i didnt see pullies on the list, go ahead and get some pullies on there. Ya and getting it tuned with a custom chip would help out a lot. Oh and a better rear suspension, better fuel management, and if its an auto get a better stall converter.
I havent bought pullies because I want to add a turbo or supercharger in the future. Now as far as the custom chip I dont know what to go with? The rear suspension I have HPM mega-bite Jrs(soon to have uppers too), and KB super subs holding things together. Oh, its a 5spd.

· Worship me
34,275 Posts
You don't need a damn chip yet...

Finish what you started man, get you some gears, pullies, the 24 lb. injectors, mass air meter, fuel pump, etc....you need to get all the details finished up. If you aren't doing over 80 mph yet in the 1/8 you definitely got some little stuff to do.

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AL P said:
You don't need a damn chip yet...

Finish what you started man, get you some gears, pullies, the 24 lb. injectors, mass air meter, fuel pump, etc....you need to get all the details finished up. If you aren't doing over 80 mph yet in the 1/8 you definitely got some little stuff to do.
Yes I know. I will get the chip after I finish the rest. Gears will most likely be next. I just need to decide on 355 or 373. Then I will do Inj. and MAF with the rest of the fuel sys. Now, is there any other little things that Im not thinking of?

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh, the last time I ran at kennedale I was running 9.3s with horrable 60s. Im guessing its the gearing and the street tires?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.