DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
IA2
22,150 Posts
The opinion on everything i've read about it is that they are bluffing and the US has called their bluff.

They want the US to send money since the money flow from their commie friend countries has dried up.

The US & N Korea had an agreement - the US sent oil to them as long as they didn't develop nuclear weapons. We since found out that they were developing nuclear weapons so we stopped the oil. By stopping the oil the US "broke" the treaty, and committed an "aggressive" act. Huh?

N Korea is either A) bluffing or B) the situation over there is about to become seriously grave.

·
Registered
773 Posts
If things go down in Korea it is going to be a helluva lot worse than anything with Iraq could hope to be :(
Whatever needs to be done though better be done quick. The longer things are stalled while people putz around the longer they have to develop refine and build nuclear weapons.
One of the biggest problems is that it's allies are Russia and China neither of which we want to start shit with over Korea. I am of the opinion that in addition to UN and economic sanctions etc. the we lean HEAVILY on Russia to throw their support behind us. That way if things fall apart we have another major ally which will help keep China from getting involved.

mikeb said:
The opinion on everything i've read about it is that they are bluffing and the US has called their bluff.

They want the US to send money since the money flow from their commie friend countries has dried up.

The US & N Korea had an agreement - the US sent oil to them as long as they didn't develop nuclear weapons. We since found out that they were developing nuclear weapons so we stopped the oil. By stopping the oil the US "broke" the treaty, and committed an "aggressive" act. Huh?

N Korea is either A) bluffing or B) the situation over there is about to become seriously grave.

·
P.I.M.P.
3,857 Posts
What I dont understand is how these asian countries who's upper class live in poverty compared to the western countries, can afford to be involved in Nuclear warfare... My uncle goes to China all the time for business for Dell and he basically said that their is literally shit on hte streets and disease and poverty run rampant throughout the country... Communism at its best right? So how can these countries afford to go to war with America? Other then the deep down hatred I'm assuming they feel towards us, why would they want to?

·
How you doin'
25,872 Posts
MaddHatter said:
What I dont understand is how these asian countries who's upper class live in poverty compared to the western countries, can afford to be involved in Nuclear warfare... My uncle goes to China all the time for business for Dell and he basically said that their is literally shit on hte streets and disease and poverty run rampant throughout the country... Communism at its best right? So how can these countries afford to go to war with America? Other then the deep down hatred I'm assuming they feel towards us, why would they want to?
if i am correct, china has the largest military in the world, and apparently, they aren't spending their money on their cities, people, etc.;)

·
Registered
773 Posts
The Chinese are major assholes but I am not sure they are THAT stupid. If war broke out they would send aid and possibly troops to Korea but I don't see them popping a nuke at us. They would only have two options:

1. All out nuclear attack on the US which would mean mutual annihilation.
2. Nuke our troops in Korea which could ( and probably would ) result in a retaliatory nuclear strike by us against a Chinese target which again risks an escalation to all out nuclear war.

What would probably happen is that the Chinese would send troops to the aid of Korea which would limit our options. If we go in to Korea then we risk fighting with the Chinese AGAIN risking a nuclear conflict.

With China involved EVERYTHING is nuclear because geographically they have no way of really mounting any kind of attack on us with the exception of some islands and the extremely distant possibillity of making a grab for Hawaii. And anything they try to do with their shitty navy would have to go through us and the Japanese.

Denny said:
China is just looking for an opening and this might be it! If we go to war with Korea, China can sneak in a cheap shot! It would be worth it to them...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mikeb said:

You say we found out... They actually came out and brought it to our attention. Seems to me they are asking for us to do something. We would be fine right now if they didn't say they were making them out of the blue...

-discuss lol

Also, what do you think will happen if we go to war? How bad will it be? Also, what about china?

·
Ultimate X-phoria
19,974 Posts
I think N. Korea is starting shit because they know we have a full plate. We are throwing money and resources at Iraq and the rest of the middle east in an effort to wipe out any terrorist threat. My guess is, they know now is the time to bow up because we are involved in so many things. If we weren't involved in any potential conflicts I don't think they would be so bold as to make the threats they are making. They know if they are going to get away with something and look tough, now is there best chance. Just my 2 cents.

·
P.I.M.P.
3,857 Posts
Just out of Curiousity, does America have any allies anymore? I'm not talking bout the French or British pussies bc they just claim to be on our side till shit gets started then they claim its none of their business. I thought the Russians were friends? I'm guessing the Germans and most of the Middle East would like to see us burning in a pit of fire... what about Pakistan or Israel, havent heard much about that recently... it still going on?

·
Out
36,504 Posts
OK, no one really knows what China has. All we know is that they are NOT a poor country and they do NOT spend money on their people. I truely believe that they have an arsonal(sp) greater than anyone can imagine.

And the deal with range... I, personally think they have all the range capabilities they need.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Well, most people are allies in name if not in practice with the US. Some just aren't strategic allies ( like peru, if we get in a war wtf are they gonna contribute ? ). Most allies biggest assett is letting us use their airspace :rolleyes: Turkey and Saudi Arabia are good examples.

The EU and the United states are natural allies even with all the Anti Amercan sentiment. Having proclaimed a global war on terrorism as its main aim, the United States has now reserved itself the right to not only decide who is a terrorist and which states are supporting terrorists, but also to launch unilateral preventive strikes without waiting for the go-ahead from the United Nations Security Council. This policy goes a long way beyond the traditional interpretation of a nation's right to self-defence as set out in the UN Charter, and it has met emotional and intellectual opposition from a large section of public opinion in Western Europe.

Europeans don't like the fact for instance that not only did we met with such success in Afghanistan but that we didn't NEED to have an allies to crush them. In addition the US provides over 60% of the basic necessary functions of war and peacekeeping outlined by the UN. That is 60% that they CANNOT PERFORM without us. The EU is so dependent on the US that they worry that they are getting drug around without any say in what goes on. If they give us the go ahead to engage in a conflict then that is great, but if they don't we are pretty much telling them to fuck off and doing it anyway which is disconcerting to them to say the least.

Israel is probably our staunchest and most supportive ally. The only problem they have with us that we don't back their military engagements the way we SHOULD and I have to agree with them.

The Russians are just fickle and still trying to gain their footing after the fall of Communism. Their reaction to the U.S. declaration on the possibility of launching unilateral preventive strikes was unanimous: "We want to do it, too." They called for Russia to launch immediate strikes against Chechen rebels. Although historically they have been allies with Europe They aren't a part of the EU. Gaining the full support of the Russians is going to be critical to any conflict in that part of the world.

MaddHatter said:
Just out of Curiousity, does America have any allies anymore? I'm not talking bout the French or British pussies bc they just claim to be on our side till shit gets started then they claim its none of their business. I thought the Russians were friends? I'm guessing the Germans and most of the Middle East would like to see us burning in a pit of fire... what about Pakistan or Israel, havent heard much about that recently... it still going on?

·
Out
36,504 Posts
EquusCriollo said:
Well, most people are allies in name if not in practice with the US. Some just aren't strategic allies ( like peru, if we get in a war wtf are they gonna contribute ? ). Most allies biggest assett is letting us use their airspace :rolleyes: Turkey and Saudi Arabia are good examples.

The EU and the United states are natural allies even with all the Anti Amercan sentiment. Having proclaimed a global war on terrorism as its main aim, the United States has now reserved itself the right to not only decide who is a terrorist and which states are supporting terrorists, but also to launch unilateral preventive strikes without waiting for the go-ahead from the United Nations Security Council. This policy goes a long way beyond the traditional interpretation of a nation's right to self-defence as set out in the UN Charter, and it has met emotional and intellectual opposition from a large section of public opinion in Western Europe.

Europeans don't like the fact for instance that not only did we met with such success in Afghanistan but that we didn't NEED to have an allies to crush them. In addition the US provides over 60% of the basic necessary functions of war and peacekeeping outlined by the UN. That is 60% that they CANNOT PERFORM without us. The EU is so dependent on the US that they worry that they are getting drug around without any say in what goes on. If they give us the go ahead to engage in a conflict then that is great, but if they don't we are pretty much telling them to fuck off and doing it anyway which is disconcerting to them to say the least.

Israel is probably our staunchest and most supportive ally. The only problem they have with us that we don't back their military engagements the way we SHOULD and I have to agree with them.

The Russians are just fickle and still trying to gain their footing after the fall of Communism. Their reaction to the U.S. declaration on the possibility of launching unilateral preventive strikes was unanimous: "We want to do it, too." They called for Russia to launch immediate strikes against Chechen rebels. Although historically they have been allies with Europe They aren't a part of the EU. Gaining the full support of the Russians is going to be critical to any conflict in that part of the world.
Andrei Piontkosky!!!

·
The Janitor
15,927 Posts
mikeb said:
That's what I meant - we found out when they told us.

It would also be a good time for China to ratchet up the Taiwan mess right now.
Good thinking mike, i never thought about China and Taiwan. The interesting thing would be if they made a grab for tiawan would we be too distracted, or would we keep our fleets within coverage of tiawan.

I think china is formidiable, but they still have a LOT of modernizing to do, tacticaly (sp?) and arms wise. They now have soldiers fighting who dont know about tienamen square, and that mess. They are loyal and propaganda keeps their spirits up.

I think North Korea is a bigger threat than Iraq, as bigger players are involved.

If we go to war with both Iraq and North Korea, expect there to be two entirely different methods of war-fighting to be going on.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.