DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
CEO of......
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the eagle??? i can pick up 97.1 sometimes here in longview in the mornings and last week i heard greggo and brian? who the fuck is greggo and brian???? :confused:

so why the change? did mikey do something?

·
my name doesn't mean coke
1,472 Posts
well mickey is actually a dj out here in san diego on the rock station. he is still on here and in fact he did a little gtg thing for the chargers. so i don't know why he is not on there in dallas

·
Poor Boy Racing
2,399 Posts
I hate Grego and Brian. IMHO The Mikey morning show was alot better, now I won't even listen to the Eagle in the mornings. I do like the Bone's Bo Roberts morning show so unless th eagle gets someone else in their i'll wait till the morning show is over to listen to it.

·
#1 Howard Stern fan
4,864 Posts
The Eagle is scared of its own shadow, anything remotely controversial they back away from. IMO, if they still had the line up they had a few years back......Howard, Chris Ryan and then Russ.....they would still be number one here in the DFW area. Someone over there needs to grow some balls. :rolleyes:

G

·
From my understanding, Mikey QUIT the Eagle, didn't get Fired, and he took the Job in Cali. I thought the Mikey morning show was fawking Hilarious. Friend of mine and I almost got in a wreck when he was doing the Touretts interview with that drag queen book auther ROTFLMAO... Damn that was some funny shit.

Grego and Brian are a bit too polished. They belong on Disney Radio, not the Eagle. Bo Roberts is funny as shit, so I tend to listen to him instead. And that Dot chick looks like a drugged out version of the Bass Player in Smashing Pumpkins.

G

·
GARS02GSTA said:
The Eagle is scared of its own shadow, anything remotely controversial they back away from. IMO, if they still had the line up they had a few years back......Howard, Chris Ryan and then Russ.....they would still be number one here in the DFW area. Someone over there needs to grow some balls. :rolleyes:

I second that Motion. :cool:

·
Chick with a Dick
11,334 Posts
Chris98GT said:
mikey got removed (fired) from KEGL back in late october 2002.
Thank God. He sucked. I hated that show. I just wish I could hear Russ 24/7. Life would be good.

·
None
10,576 Posts
ChevyBitch said:
From my understanding, Mikey QUIT the Eagle, didn't get Fired, and he took the Job in Cali. I
This is an email I got from Mikey:

To our fans at 97.1 the Eagle:

I was let go by the Eagle on Thursday, October 17. It's unlclear where I will be going to next. On behalf of Eddie, Kelly, Boy Blunder and Torrie we would like to thank all the fans who supported and loved the show. We will miss waking up with all of you.

Peace,

Mikey

G

·
Chris98GT said:
This is an email I got from Mikey:

To our fans at 97.1 the Eagle:

I was let go by the Eagle on Thursday, October 17. It's unlclear where I will be going to next. On behalf of Eddie, Kelly, Boy Blunder and Torrie we would like to thank all the fans who supported and loved the show. We will miss waking up with all of you.

Peace,

Mikey

Gotcha - thanks for the clarification there Chris. ;) I was misinformed.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I listened to a DJ team some when I was in Detroit-Krammer and Twitch. Were they originaly at the Eagle too?

Personaly though, I wouldn't mind if all DJs left or got fired cause they all suck so much I find my self listening to more talk radio (opinions with inteligence) and listeng to more CDs and mp3s.

G

·
lonSVO said:
I listened to a DJ team some when I was in Detroit-Krammer and Twitch. Were they originaly at the Eagle too?

Personaly though, I wouldn't mind if all DJs left or got fired cause they all suck so much I find my self listening to more talk radio (opinions with inteligence) and listeng to more CDs and mp3s.
yep.they got shit canned. I remember they got some dude fired at 7-11 and they spread around a rumor that Brittney Spears and Justin Timberlake died in a car crash and they had all kinds of people calling in Crying their asses off and then when they found out that it was a joke, they had all kinds of pissed off parents calling in to bitch them out saying it wasn't funny that their kids got all depressed and what not. That was some FUNNY shit. Bwahahahah

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.