DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture the first oak tree; the first one ever created. What do you see? I bet if you could go up to that tree and cut off a branch, you would see rings in the cross section of the wood, indicating the age of the tree. Therefore, the tree was created as though it had a history, eventhough it did not. In the same way, maybe God created earth as though it had a history, eventhough it did not; as though it had been around for 4.6 Billion years. It would have all the characteristics, like layers in the crust, areas of Precambrian rock, fossils, the whole thing. A history to study that was not real.

Does that make since? and while were at it, did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
the first oak tree didn't just appear... it came from a seed and grew from there... developing it's rings as any other tree would.

that being said, where the seed came from would be a different question. evolution amoungst the plants as well perhaps

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,109 Posts
Slow Five-O said:
the first oak tree didn't just appear... it came from a seed and grew from there... developing it's rings as any other tree would.

that being said, where the seed came from would be a different question. evolution amoungst the plants as well perhaps
Biblically speaking, the first tree could not have come from a seed and grew from there. If everything was created in 6 days, with Adam being created on the 6th, then are you saying that Adam was walking around for years waiting for trees to grow so that he would have some shade or some wood to build a home? What did he eat for food?

I see nothing wrong with this theory. Take the fish and loaves of bread story, Jesus feed somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 people with just a few fish and a few loaves of bread. How could this be unless there was fish and bread that was created with age. You think people sat around eating fish eggs and flower? No one went out and baked more bread and caught more fish.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha ha. Yea I had a camera back then too. I used the video camera on my razor cell phone to film Moses presenting the 10 camendments. Well it was actually 15, and then he dropped one of the tablets. now there are only 10. the FBI is still deciphering the pixels to determine what exactly was on the other 5. I'll keep u updated.

·
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
8,316 Posts
MoonDog said:
Biblically speaking, the first tree could not have come from a seed and grew from there. If everything was created in 6 days, with Adam being created on the 6th, then are you saying that Adam was walking around for years waiting for trees to grow so that he would have some shade or some wood to build a home? What did he eat for food?
Unless the 6 days equals billions of years. :p

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,109 Posts
Last I checked, when someone says "and the evening and the morning was the first day" it is meant as a 24 hour period not 2.5 billion years. But thats ok Jay, your entitled to your opinion. No one really knows for sure, only in the end will we all know as we are known.

·
Pilgrim
3,086 Posts
It makes sense, If you can believe that God created Adam and Eve as adult people, then it should be no shock that He can create an earth that appears to be millions of years old or even skeletal remains of creatures that never were (I don't know).

·
Painting Your House
10,734 Posts
Im on with the seed theory. But at the same time was Adam born a baby? And Eve was a rib to a baby? God created man and then woman.

·
Painting Your House
10,734 Posts
With that in thought...why couldnt God make a 20 year old tree with a 20 ribbed life? The trees history would just be irrevelent. Same as Adem and Eve. In fact we have to know that trees and such were in full bloom as it were if you concider the Garden of Edan. Same for the animals too. God made all the animals and birds of the air and Adam named them. All in my understanding...without a history. Then came the seeds and the birth of . Cane and Abel. And so on. Cool thoughts though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
who says that God actually created Earth in six 24 hour periods? Earth days are different from Cosmic days. If God is truly the highest supreme being, then he is so throughout the universe, not just on Earth. A day on Pluto isn't the same as a day on Earth, or any other planet really because of the different revolutions around the solar system.

As far as belly buttons go, I never thought about that. I do know that God told Adam, "for if you eat of this tree, you surely shall die", but then Adam lived another 500 something years after eating from the tree. So really, the conception of time, could be all wrong. I really doubt ol' Adam was running around Earth for over 500 years with the great heathcare benefits that had at that time. lol

I think that the Bible is meant to be metaphoric.

How come the Bible never mentions Dinosaurs? I never heard of a Trex being on the Ark with Noah and some bunnies.

·
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
8,316 Posts
LTP said:
who says that God actually created Earth in six 24 hour periods? Earth days are different from Cosmic days. If God is truly the highest supreme being, then he is so throughout the universe, not just on Earth. A day on Pluto isn't the same as a day on Earth, or any other planet really because of the different revolutions around the solar system.
Precisely the example I gave a couple years ago when this forum was invite only :D

Why can't a day to God be billions of years on Earth?

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,109 Posts
Unlike alot of people I choose to take God at his word (and I am not talking about just you Jay or LTP). If He says He created the world in 6 days that is what He meant. I dont think He would say He did something when He really did something else, just doesn't make sense to me.

·
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
8,316 Posts
That's what I'm not understanding :) Assuming a day to God is billions of years on Earth, for God to say he created the Earth and everything on it in 6 days, why's it so hard to conceive those days he's speaking of are his days, not our days.

He's not saying one thing and doing something else. He's saying "I created this in 6 days", it then comes down to whether we interpret that as our 6 days, or whether we interpret it as God's days may not be the same as our days, so his 6 days might be a much longer period of time on Earth.

We see a day as one full rotation of Earth. Applying that to other planets, one full rotation of Venus is equal to 243 days on Earth. Mercury's rotation is equal to about 59 days on Earth. Jupiter's day is equal to about 10 hours on Earth. I'd be interested in finding out how long a full rotation of the universe is... if it's ever been calculated, though I don't think it has. Is it so hard to conceive that a full rotation of the universe might take longer than 1 day on Earth?

·
Registered
241 Posts
LTP said:
I do know that God told Adam, "for if you eat of this tree, you surely shall die",
anyone ever think of how they communicated? there was no written language of any kind? how would they know what anything meant? i thought about that the other day :confused:

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,109 Posts
DarkWolf said:
That's what I'm not understanding :) Assuming a day to God is billions of years on Earth, for God to say he created the Earth and everything on it in 6 days, why's it so hard to conceive those days he's speaking of are his days, not our days.

He's not saying one thing and doing something else. He's saying "I created this in 6 days", it then comes down to whether we interpret that as our 6 days, or whether we interpret it as God's days may not be the same as our days, so his 6 days might be a much longer period of time on Earth.

We see a day as one full rotation of Earth. Applying that to other planets, one full rotation of Venus is equal to 243 days on Earth. Mercury's rotation is equal to about 59 days on Earth. Jupiter's day is equal to about 10 hours on Earth. I'd be interested in finding out how long a full rotation of the universe is... if it's ever been calculated, though I don't think it has. Is it so hard to conceive that a full rotation of the universe might take longer than 1 day on Earth?
Because in verse 2 of Genesis it says that the Spirit of God moved over the face of the deep, meaning He was here on earth making everything happen not out in the sky sitting on a throne watching evolution take its course.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts