DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as most of u know i have a 89 mustang coupe. And i have a 79 ford truck with a 460 in it...what do u think i could run(in the 1/4) with the 460 in my 89? here is a little info on the 460...

Perfomance Parts
Edelbrock 750 Carb
Edelbrock Perfomer RPM intake
Edelbrock air cleaner
Edelbrock high volume oil and fuel pump
Bigger Pistons
and Headman Headers

Other Parts
Edelbrock Chrome Valve Covers
FEL PRO gasket set
Sure Seat valve spings
Edelbrock 1" carb. spacer
Edelbrcok double roller timing kit

Stats
Bored .030 over
and the heads were Milled .060 over

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
But i have another question...would it be cheaper the build my 393 storker motor...with the supercahger and the trick flow heads and the whole 9 yards?...or would it be cheaper to buy some nice aluminum heads for the 460 and a new intake and all the stuff to put it in my stang?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
The 460 set up with iron or aluminum heads, a good C-6 tranny, some gear, a 75 shot and some fat sticky tires should prove a good low 11 sec ride. I've seen it done. My buddy was one of the first in Austin to run the big block/coupe combo and killed everyone on the street. T

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
However the parts are more difficult to come by and the good ole 302 has proven itself time and time again.

·
Party at the moon tower
1,788 Posts
windsor would be easy to do and is a proven way but it doesnt have the shock value as the big block I think it would be cool to take the road less traveled cause theres no replacement for displacement but I would only do that if I could justify the cost

1 - 9 of 9 Posts