DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a Hydraulic roller that i can carry to 8000 or 8500 RPM. What cam company builds these kind of cams . I really want to twist the piss out of my motor.



Neal
 
G

·
Make sure you get some nice valve springs. Most places won't be too enthusiastic about cutting a hydraulic roller cam to spin that high.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,774 Posts
afm's high rev cams are preaty sweet. But in all honesty, why use a hydrolic if you want to rev that high. As long as your not trying to fall into some class rules, I say go solid.
 

·
Custom User Title:
Joined
·
3,329 Posts
Hyd. Roller will not go that high without some major (and I mean major) help. A few Renegade racers were getting up to 7800-8000 rpm with some help from oil pressure through the lifter oil passages and some killer valve springs. However, they were putting new lifters in the motor after every event.

Put a solid roller in it and forget about it.
 

·
Worship me
Joined
·
34,345 Posts
Tommy Tutone said:
Hyd. Roller will not go that high without some major (and I mean major) help. A few Renegade racers were getting up to 7800-8000 rpm with some help from oil pressure through the lifter oil passages and some killer valve springs. However, they were putting new lifters in the motor after every event.

Put a solid roller in it and forget about it.
What he said....

Even with a solid you'll be a master at changing valve springs in no time!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I beg to differ

A man by the name of Cliff Sherman in Donaldsonville, LA is the secret to my success. I can't tell you what he does to his product but I can tell you that John Urist is running a hydraulic Roller in his red Outlaw car thanks to this man. The best engine builders know him and swear by him. I just don't want the hassle of being up under my valve covers on a weekly basis. The big challenge was finding a spring for a low lift cam with 180lbs. of seat pressure and around 600lbs. of open pressure. Not to exceed .600 lift. How else do renegade cars go the times they go with no more lift and the hydraulic limitation? Give up? They twist the piss out of the motor. The huffer can't do it all.


Neal
 

·
WFO Team Kicks Ass!!!
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
Dude you would need some ultralight weight valves and retainers. You would also need some way to keep them pumped up. I think AFR makes a ultra rev kit for hydraulic rollers, but i think it is for chevys only right now. There is not a cam manufacturer that makes a hydraulic roller that turns that high, but they can grind one for you. Most hydraulic rollers dont rev well over 6500. But if you have the majic combo that will do it then contact COMP cams and they can grind you a special grind. (Like the other guy said, IF they will do it). GOOD LUCK!!
 

·
Custom User Title:
Joined
·
3,329 Posts
Re: I beg to differ

GET U SUM Inc. said:
A man by the name of Cliff Sherman in Donaldsonville, LA is the secret to my success. I can't tell you what he does to his product but I can tell you that John Urist is running a hydraulic Roller in his red Outlaw car thanks to this man. The best engine builders know him and swear by him. I just don't want the hassle of being up under my valve covers on a weekly basis. The big challenge was finding a spring for a low lift cam with 180lbs. of seat pressure and around 600lbs. of open pressure. Not to exceed .600 lift. How else do renegade cars go the times they go with no more lift and the hydraulic limitation? Give up? They twist the piss out of the motor. The huffer can't do it all.


Neal

Bwahahahahahaha,..........please.......stop.......your killing me. If you think that Urist has a hydraulic roller cam in his car, you are a moron.

Wait.........maybe your right, Travis has a .500 lift flat tappet cam in his outlaw car.

Uhhhh, you must just be kidding because, noone is really this stupid.
 

·
Worship me
Joined
·
34,345 Posts
Re: I beg to differ

GET U SUM Inc. said:
A man by the name of Cliff Sherman in Donaldsonville, LA is the secret to my success. I can't tell you what he does to his product but I can tell you that John Urist is running a hydraulic Roller in his red Outlaw car thanks to this man. The best engine builders know him and swear by him. I just don't want the hassle of being up under my valve covers on a weekly basis. The big challenge was finding a spring for a low lift cam with 180lbs. of seat pressure and around 600lbs. of open pressure. Not to exceed .600 lift. How else do renegade cars go the times they go with no more lift and the hydraulic limitation? Give up? They twist the piss out of the motor. The huffer can't do it all.


Neal
So, if you know this guy, why post this thread about "what company to use?". Seems to me that you are just looking to start some sort of bigger dick contest.

LMAO on the hydraulic roller in the Outlaw car, thats a good one. I guess they finally figured out that they don't need to buy those $1600 titanium lifters from Crower...hell they can just call someone in Stinktown, Louisiana and get some hydraulic lifters that were drug out of the river and go just as fast. Thanks for the laugh.
 

·
Custom User Title:
Joined
·
3,329 Posts
Re: Re: I beg to differ

AL P said:
So, if you know this guy, why post this thread about "what company to use?". Seems to me that you are just looking to start some sort of bigger dick contest.

LMAO on the hydraulic roller in the Outlaw car, thats a good one. I guess they finally figured out that they don't need to buy those $1600 titanium lifters from Crower...hell they can just call someone in Stinktown, Louisiana and get some hydraulic lifters that were drug out of the river and go just as fast. Thanks for the laugh.

You, as always, are so colorful with your words. LMAO.....:D
 

·
hired gun
Joined
·
6,113 Posts
Re: Re: I beg to differ

AL P said:
So, if you know this guy, why post this thread about "what company to use?". Seems to me that you are just looking to start some sort of bigger dick contest.

LMAO on the hydraulic roller in the Outlaw car, thats a good one. I guess they finally figured out that they don't need to buy those $1600 titanium lifters from Crower...hell they can just call someone in Stinktown, Louisiana and get some hydraulic lifters that were drug out of the river and go just as fast. Thanks for the laugh.

**crickets chirping**
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top