DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gunga galunga
7,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a good daily, but it has to sporty IE nice brakes, handling, and atleast some power. I would like something with a warranty so lower miles and 2002+, and my limit is $18K after TT&L

some ideas

VW GTI w/ 1.8t
Acura RSX
Would like a WRX but the used ones I've seen are a little too much $$$

·
Ya Dats my Wifey!!!
5,806 Posts
I vote for the vw gti 1.8 turbo...

·
I keep getting older...
1,470 Posts
GTI here too. My dad has the VR6 version and it is a fun car to drive.

·
Gunga galunga
7,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
definitely a manual, I've been leaning towards the GTI, my friend had an 03' 1.8t and that car was a blast especially after the chip...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The GTI gets my vote. My friend has a 20th anniversary 1.8T, and it's a pretty quick little car...especially after the 4 bar flash.

·
Banned
20,196 Posts
I drove an auto RSX a couple weeks ago. Very nice car and decent pep for a daily driver. I haven't driven the others so I couldn't say anything about them.

·
Old Timer
4,027 Posts
In all honesty, get something thats really NOT performance swayed. You'll get better fuel economy and you'll be less likely to be harrassed by the Local Road Tax Patrols.

If you want something that gets GREAT gas mileage, you can always opt for the VW Turbo Diesel Cars. They get over 40 mpg (Diesel), and they perform decently. Plus you dont have to worry about the silly emissions that gas cars have to go through. (Also its 10 bucks a year vs 40)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts