DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Shakin them haters off!
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering because, i was taking Thera Flu for 3 days and like any other Medicine the WARNINGS says "If you consume 3 or more Alcoholic beverages daily, this may cause liver damage". So I'm a regular drinker, I drink about 4 nights a week, excessively (plastered) before taking this. Last Friday, I stopped taking it and I waited approx. 12 hrs. before drinking again, that same night. Just asking, does anyone know the risk involve in this or symptoms to be looking for?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
M.O.D. said:
Just wondering because, i was taking Thera Flu for 3 days and like any other Medicine the WARNINGS says "If you consume 3 or more Alcoholic beverages daily, this may cause liver damage". So I'm a regular drinker, I drink about 4 nights a week, excessively (plastered) before taking this. Last Friday, I stopped taking it and I waited approx. 12 hrs. before drinking again, that same night. Just asking, does anyone know the risk involve in this or symptoms to be looking for?

blood in your urine is a big one, pissing less then you normally do is another. If you think something is wrong.. go to the doctor, dont fugg around with your kidneys.

·
Shakin them haters off!
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trey85stang said:
blood in your urine is a big one, pissing less then you normally do is another. If you think something is wrong.. go to the doctor, dont fugg around with your kidneys.
I was asking about my Liver.

·
Banned
668 Posts
I heard the white of your eyes will start to turn a yellowish color.

·
yes, jluv
17,073 Posts
The liver is a tough motherfucker, and if you chill out it will most likely fix itself. It's when you don't chill out and keep pounding on it ruthlessly that the bitch will get scirossis (sp?) and/or just fail on you.

Or maybe not. 3 things of TheraFlu? You're gonna die for sure. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it....you are already on the road to liver failure later in life with the amount of alcohol you consume. you should not consume acetaminophen with alcohol as they both can cause liver damage or failure at high doses. cirrhosis is no joke. i have taken care of patients with chronic liver failure with cirrhosis from alcohol consumption and let me tell you...that is a miserable way to go. i wont go into the details b/c a simple internet search will give you all you need to know....but you should definitely slow down while you still can....JMO

·
Shakin them haters off!
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
davbrucas said:
i wouldnt worry about it....you are already on the road to liver failure later in life with the amount of alcohol you consume. you should not consume acetaminophen with alcohol as they both can cause liver damage or failure at high doses. cirrhosis is no joke. i have taken care of patients with chronic liver failure with cirrhosis from alcohol consumption and let me tell you...that is a miserable way to go. i wont go into the details b/c a simple internet search will give you all you need to know....but you should definitely slow down while you still can....JMO
what is the age group of the patients you have cared for with chronic liver failure? Whats a safe amount to consume?

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
its not the amount that you consume...its the amount of time that you consume. if you are drinking more than a beer per day then you are drinking too much. i drink beer every once in a while...it certainly wont kill you to consume moderate amounts of alcohol. there is no set amount or time...it affects people differently. you should limit your intake to just on the weekends if you want to be safe. also, drink lots of water when you are drinking alcohol. the youngest patient that i saw with advanced liver disease was 42. not likely to happen before then, but it is what you do earlier in life that makes for problems down the road...dont you think that everyone dying from lung cancer from smoking or liver failure from drinking felt invincible when they were young? you get old quick with tobacco and excessive alcohol...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts