DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That place was packed with F-bods tonight, and they really sounded good. I've been a Mustang man for ever, but after tonight I think I fell in love with the sound of that 5.7L beast! They sounded really good at the track, at WOT, but I still love the sound of the Stang with Flowmasters, just at lower rpm's (too quiet at WOT). There were some pretty fast cars out there, many running in the 7's. Traction for Fords seemed worse than it did for the F-bod guys. My best run (made 3) was a 1.9 60', [email protected] mph. Need more practice!

I made a quick post of some pictures, I know some are blurry (hard to hold still zoomed in from far away), etc. but I'm too lazy to do any editing/deleting so WYSIWYG!! I'll have a few more tomorrow after I get the 35MM film developed.

http://yellowstang.net/denton.htm

·
Sir Clavin
3,127 Posts
Yea, the LS1's were dippin. I busted out a 9.1 on street tires with a neck snappin 2.18 60'. I also encountered some nut rattling wheel hop. Oh well, my car is mainly stock.

There was this fine ass biatch out there in a pewter TA. I woulda hitit!:D

·
heavy weight
281 Posts
denton tonight

yea at first could not get it to hook hitting second thought i was going to get the wall once .worked on it and finally started getting better times . when i finished racing found my problem . i had a vacum line disconnected to the blower . should have run better , the best i could do was a 7.79 .

ken

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Did yall see "Beenfetchedlately's" 6.97 w/ an awesome wheel stand.:eek:

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
32VfromHell said:
a 1.9 60` on street tires in a vert? impressive! Your mph seems a little low, i would expect it to be around 86-87 on a boosted 2v :confused:
I wish it was that good on street tires. I had the Nitto DR's on with 16psi. Still mesing with the pressure to figure out the right combo. My best MPH was an 84.2, but it was a slower ET.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
lowthreeohz said:
prolly lydia...shes a hottie! :D only for looks though, i heard she's taken. :mad:

:)
Yea she is HOT! She says she is getting a cam and converter soon!:eek: I need a girl like that:(

·
Pink Taco KILLA!
5,152 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys. I was having a fuel system issue. I nEED more fuel..LOL

i have run on a .55 pill a best of 100.2 mph. I ran last night 97 but i never once made a full pass on bottle :(

If any one has video of last nights races of me and the Red 35th or against Lane please post them ASAP. Thanks guys.

1.38 60 footing Daily Driver F-bod! ;):D

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Did any one see the Blue 86 snap an axle! His first pass it ran a [email protected] spittin at the line.Seen alot of fast Ls1 cars too. Very impressed by the the wheelstand on the white one. I geuss I'll bring my S10 out next weekend if there open! :D

·
4 STAGES BIG N' DRY
6,805 Posts
Beenfetchedlately said:
Thanks for the compliments guys. I was having a fuel system issue. I nEED more fuel..LOL

i have run on a .55 pill a best of 100.2 mph. I ran last night 97 but i never once made a full pass on bottle :(

If any one has video of last nights races of me and the Red 35th or against Lane please post them ASAP. Thanks guys.

1.38 60 footing Daily Driver F-bod! ;):D
Say fool I heard you got c.j. out of the hole on a pro tree, but he pulled you on the big end, WTF happend?

·
Pink Taco KILLA!
5,152 Posts
Well the car had little to no gas in it. He came around me on the other end cuz i ran out of gas. I uncovered the pump. Plain and simple. The next race was dirty though. I treed him and let out of bottle cuz it started popping again like it wasny getting enough fuel. But i still managed a 6.74 @ 97 on a 1.38 60 foot.

What is wrong with that mph :p :cool:

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I don't know how the hell I did it, but I lost a complete roll of film! I have 5 posted up from the 35MM, the others on that roll were from Kennedale a week ago. Did anybody happen to see a roll of 35MM film at Denton laying around?

http://yellowstang.net/denton.htm

This was one of my favorite photos (that I got developed), I think it looks pretty cool!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.