DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Eagles>Cowboys
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......And man I had a blast. I have not fished in 10 years! Went to Lake Kiowa, it is a small private lake a bit east of Ray Roberts.

I don't know much about fishing, but you can't beat your best friends, beer, fishing, and more beer! Anyone know any fishing hot spots in North Fort Worth? I am looking for somewhere to go where you don't need a boat like a pond or stream, somewhere that I can practice and relax. I live in Watauga-Keller area, so if any other fishers out here know a local hotspot, let me know;)

·
Opulance. I has it.
13,034 Posts
I so shall be corrected if wrong, but i've heard the trinity NORTH of Ft. worth isn't so bad, but knowing what the trinity looks like in and around Dallas, I'm not sure

·
Blue5spd's a titty baby
13,472 Posts
Private lakes and ponds is where it's at. Too bad my grandmothers is 4.5 hours from here.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
The Trinity is nice, as long as your upstream from the population centers.

Mike, there's places all over. Eagle Mountain, Lake Worth, Marine Creek... just pick a spot and start casting.

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
are they actually keeping kiowa up now? there for a while the lake and the golf course were going to hell pretty fast.

·
Eagles>Cowboys
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FatassLX said:
are they actually keeping kiowa up now? there for a while the lake and the golf course were going to hell pretty fast.
I am no pro, but I found the lake to be very nice. the golf course from what I saw could have been in better shape, but it was still decent. Nice little community for sure. I had a great time there, no complaints at all.

Danny said:
The Trinity is nice, as long as your upstream from the population centers.

Mike, there's places all over. Eagle Mountain, Lake Worth, Marine Creek... just pick a spot and start casting.
That is reassuring, but I need some specifics. I have never ventured out much looking for fishing. Don't want to pick a small stream with no fish and look like a dumbass, lol.

Thanks for the replies! Guess I gotta get a fishing license now.....

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
mikecobra95 said:
.......And man I had a blast. I have not fished in 10 years! Went to Lake Kiowa, it is a small private lake a bit east of Ray Roberts.

I don't know much about fishing, but you can't beat your best friends, beer, fishing, and more beer! Anyone know any fishing hot spots in North Fort Worth? I am looking for somewhere to go where you don't need a boat like a pond or stream, somewhere that I can practice and relax. I live in Watauga-Keller area, so if any other fishers out here know a local hotspot, let me know;)
You live pretty close to me.Im off basswood.
There is a catfish pond off 377,there is a nice little pond of 377 just south of 820,lake worth(DONT EAT THE FISH,THERE IS A BAN ON THE NOW)There is the bedford boys ranch in bedford,randoll mill park off i-30 in arlington,

·
Eagles>Cowboys
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
90dfw said:
You live pretty close to me.Im off basswood.
There is a catfish pond off 377,there is a nice little pond of 377 just south of 820,lake worth(DONT EAT THE FISH,THERE IS A BAN ON THE NOW)There is the bedford boys ranch in bedford,randoll mill park off i-30 in arlington,
Thanks man, I appreciate the help. I live right off Basswood as well in Park Glen. I will have to check that pond out off 820 and 377;)

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
the catfish pond is actually a catfish farm that allows you to fish from thier tanks for a fee-$5.
the pond off 377 and 820 is just south of 820..Head south on 377 cross the 820 bridge pass the gas station on your right and start looking for it on the right hand side.

·
Eagles>Cowboys
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
90dfw said:
the catfish pond is actually a catfish farm that allows you to fish from thier tanks for a fee-$5.
the pond off 377 and 820 is just south of 820..Head south on 377 cross the 820 bridge pass the gas station on your right and start looking for it on the right hand side.
Yeah I know where both of those are, just never intended on fishing there, lol. I will get some practice in when I can and let you know how that pond is off 820 and 377 hopefully sometime this week.

·
Texas Rangers #1
10,592 Posts
My dad caught a 10 1/2 lb Largemouth Bass from Marine Creek. Used to be a great lake to fish, but here lately it hasn't been that great.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I used to love fishing. I haven't been in a long time!! I have been thinking about going, so I guess I will have to now. :D

·
Eagles>Cowboys
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
03ghost said:
I used to love fishing. I haven't been in a long time!! I have been thinking about going, so I guess I will have to now. :D
I was the same way man. I went just to drink beer and hang with my best firends. Little did I know that I would enjoy it so much. I have a good friend here at work that fishes in tournaments all the time. He is going to hook me up with some good deals on fishing supplies;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts