DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. i got on my car today for the first time (since getting the motor in and running good).. and i guess the clutch was not fully seated... I power shifted into second.. powershifted into third... and it would then not pull out third...

my qustion is.. i lost almost half my clutch pedal.. I curious if I can get this back somehow or do i need get a new clutch?? i have the stock clutch cable not adjustable.

If i need to get a new clutch.. What is a good (preferably cheap) performance clutch??

· Scared s**tless
13,733 Posts
trey85stang said:
ok.. i got on my car today for the first time (since getting the motor in and running good).. and i guess the clutch was not fully seated... I power shifted into second.. powershifted into third... and it would then not pull out third...

my qustion is.. i lost almost half my clutch pedal.. I curious if I can get this back somehow or do i need get a new clutch?? i have the stock clutch cable not adjustable.

If i need to get a new clutch.. What is a good (preferably cheap) performance clutch??
i doubt you can get the pedal back, unless you just stretched the cable.

it sounds more like the pressure plate is going out. i would say, just replace the disc and plate in one go. there is no sense in installing a new pressure plate to have it kill a worn out disc.

i am using a Star Spec stage 4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.